New fix for the renderer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimmyTango

I beleive this will be your video card not supporting the game.
    Huh

LOL...thats great.
    Now let me think...why the hell ive ordered this damn game...?

Minimum Requirements:
    1.2GHz
    256MB RAM
    64MB 3D accelerator
    CD-ROM
    1.7GB free disk space

Recommended Requirements:
    1.8GHz
    512MB RAM
    128MB 3D accelerator

Ehh...

Comment

• It also says you need a video card that supports Hardware T&L.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGlu
        Woohoo! Works!!!

ATI Radeon Mobility 9800 256MB
        Dell XPS Laptop
        Same here. I'll be immersed in this for a few days. Bye real world...

Comment

• Well, I've had no success so far.

I'm at the mercy of whatever anyone else can think of.

Comment

• Solver for President....Ati Redeon 9600xT-VIO 256 mb works...You Rule man!!!!!

Comment

• Get error when I try to run this app:

"the procedure entry point attachconsole could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll"

I do run Win2000

Comment

• Originally posted by roboczar
                the alpha PAK tool extracted everything into folders, as I expected it to, so I moved Art0.fpk out of the Assets folder.

When I rean the game, I didn't get the render failure error, but it did crash to desktop after blacking out the screen once or twice.
                Try rebooting. The same thing happened to me after I used the PAK tool so I rebooted and the game works!
                "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

• It looks that the application doesn't work for Win2K, you have to try Gramphos's alternative app. I'm pretty sure Firaxis are going to update their unpacker to be W2K-compatible.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• ATI 9600xt
                    5.10 driver
                    dont works
                    help mee pleasee

Comment

• I have a 9550 and the PAK tool worked! The game runs fine with no graphical glitches as above. Thank the maker for that one..

And now I still can't play because I have to study!!!
                      "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                      "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

• Well maybe just a few turns......

Comment

• Slam, more details please.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Yeah, that's the other issua that people are experiencing, in running integrated graphics or old cards, which don't support T&L. This is not a bug, this will just not work on your computer then.

BTW, will try that fix when I get home today.

I would like to know, if the techies would be willing to say, what that file does. What does it take away from for us gamers? Why did it cause certain cards to go bad? (my X800 has the problem, my 9800 PRO doesn't)

Comment

• I'm extremely happy to hear this is working. I'm in the final stages of downloading Catalyst 5.10.

Comment

• I'm not sure if this is the "rendering" problem. I've been having this problem everytime I try to launch the game I get this window's error message.

Please if anyone has information on what this might me let me know. I have a DELL XPS Laptop with Mobility radeon 9800 in it drivers are completely up to date

Comment

Working...
                                X