• Show
Clear All

Worked great I have ATI X700

Thanks Man

Comment

Originally posted by roboczar
      Oh, here we go. Tis looks like a clue.

From 'ThemeParseLog'

[Oct 27, 2005 - 18:08:06] Messages while processing 'Resource/Themes/Civ4.thm'

Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4910, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4918, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4926, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4983, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4991, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4999, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
      It might be that these files are compressed in the pak. I'll see if I can add support for compression in my tool.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by roboczar
        Oh, here we go. Tis looks like a clue.

From 'ThemeParseLog'

[Oct 27, 2005 - 18:08:06] Messages while processing 'Resource/Themes/Civ4.thm'

Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4910, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4918, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4926, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4983, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4991, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4999, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        That file should be in civroot\resource\civ4\custom\, do you have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          Roboczar, you're one of the very few people who have this identical error. The engine initializes just fine and something goes bad afterwards. Hmm!
          Well, he used my utility and not the official, which means something could have extracted wrong if for instance being compressed.

Can anyone who extracted with the official version post the number of files and total size, in bytes of the Art folder for Roboczar to compare with?
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

THX...works for me...but.
            Now i have something like this...

Geez...one problem out...new one comes out...

Sony Vaio
            ATI IGP(mobility) 128 mb
            1 gb ram

Comment

Well, he used my utility and not the official, which means something could have extracted wrong if for instance being compressed.

RickJay has 100% the same problem with the official program.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256MB Video.
                1GB (4x256MB DDR400) Memory.
                Windows XP Pro most current updates as of this post.
                Gigabyte Motherboard.
                Maxtor 120GB SATA dirve.

Works great!!

Comment

Great news guys. Looking forward to trying it once I get the game on Sunday.
                  The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                  - Frank Herbert

Comment

thanks for the quick fix but with windows 2000 this doesnt work - at least for me...
                    with the new alpha fpk_tool i get the following message :
                    "component mscomctl.ocx not correctly registered. file missing or invalid"

edit: nevermind found the file in the internet and the tool is now up and running.. though i dont have the slightest idea what to do with it
                    someone please fill me in (have been trying to get civ working for so long and i can literally taste victory)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson

That file should be in civroot\resource\civ4\custom\, do you have it?
                      Yes, I do have those files where you say they should be.

Strange....

Comment

• IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS WO HOOOOOOOOOOO
                        *sorry that had to be after 8 hours of desperate trying*
                        thanks man your alfa tool really kicked ass and ill be playing civ 4 for the next 400 hours or so
                        good job!

Comment

• also, from the 'resmgr' log:

RESMGR: Scene file Art/Terrain/Lights/UnitLight.nif failed to load. Reason: (code:1) Cannot open file.

I don't think UnitLight.nif is supposed to be 32.0kb

Comment

• Originally posted by roboczar

Yes, I do have those files where you say they should be.

Strange....
                            Try copying those files to the HUD folder? Since that's where it's looking for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by opor
                              THX...works for me...but.
                              Now i have something like this...

Geez...one problem out...new one comes out...

Sony Vaio
                              ATI IGP(mobility) 128 mb
                              1 gb ram
                              I beleive this will be your video card not supporting the game.

Comment

• I just realised what's going on, and I think I have a fix for it.

A lot of the files are really tiny in size, so I"m going to reinstall the game and run the tool again.

Comment

Working...
                                X