Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you so much!!!

works fine. I'm running a radeon 5550.

Now I won't have to wait 2 weeks for a patch!

Comment

Gecube ATI RADEON 9600XT 256 Mb.

Tested and Working.

Thanks a lot
      "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
      "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
      The Spanish Civilization Site
      "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

It might be an issue with the release PAK being of another r version than the beta paks. Also notethat there is no progress. If it works you should get a list to the left with folders in the pak, and should be able to explore it just as anything else. Then you will be able to extract the files by selecting that folder ande select Action\Extract (only option available as of now). The extraction will be done to a directory entered on the saving, keeping subdirectories all the way. If it is working you will see files be created during the extraction progress, but the program will appear hung. (Told you it was alpha)

If it's not working I might be able to update it to support compressed paks (if that's what the released are).
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

the alpha PAK tool extracted everything into folders, as I expected it to, so I moved Art0.fpk out of the Assets folder.

When I rean the game, I didn't get the render failure error, but it did crash to desktop after blacking out the screen once or twice.

Comment

9550, good to go!

Comment

9550, good to go!
              uffff....
              Civ4 Progressive Games ID: 0006
              LA PAREJITA DE GOLPE - Premio Mejor Blog de Sevilla 2014.
              Participando en: --- TOTALMENTE DESINTOXICADO Y REHABILITADO :P

Comment

Radeon 9550 good to go.

Thank you to all the good, hard-working people at Firaxis who fixed this error in less than 30 hours. Now I'm ready to have some fun!

Comment

This is probably Microsoft's best case yet to force me to switch to Windows XP from 2k.

I'm not sure if I'm just using this PAK tool incorrectly or what, but I am so close to victory I can taste it. Still getting that black screen when I start instead of the render error, so something good is happening.

The init log gets all the way to here:

[2453.796] DBG: FILE Cat Init
                  [2455.812] DBG: Using XML cache
                  [2455.828] DBG: Game Init
                  [2455.828] DBG: Multiplayer Init
                  [2456.765] DBG: Audio Init
                  [2457.593] DBG: ArtFileMgr Init
                  [2457.593] DBG: Python Init
                  [2461.812] VERSION: CIV Version: 0
                  [2461.812] VERSION: Save Version: 100
                  [2461.812] DBG: Input Init
                  [2461.812] DBG: Engine Init
                  [2467.593] DBG: Engine: Axis Engine Initialized
                  [2467.593] DBG: Engine: Scene Graph Initialized
                  [2467.765] DBG: Engine: Shaders Initialized
                  [2467.781] DBG: Engine: Scene Lights Initialized

Comment

many thanks
                    fixed it on asus radeon extreme 800

Comment

Oh, here we go. Tis looks like a clue.

From 'ThemeParseLog'

[Oct 27, 2005 - 18:08:06] Messages while processing 'Resource/Themes/Civ4.thm'

Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4910, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4918, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4926, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4983, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4991, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4999, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'

Comment

ATI Radeon X700 Pro - it worked, woot!

you won't be seeing me for a while - I'll be busy playing.

Comment

Two words. KA - CHING

x700 PRO 256 AGPx4

Does it have to do with Bink Video? I think I've had problems with Bink Video before with my card.

Comment

Roboczar, you're one of the very few people who have this identical error. The engine initializes just fine and something goes bad afterwards. Hmm!
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Radeon 9600 AGP....and, yes, it works now. Thanks Solver, Trip, and the rest of the Apolyton and Firaxis staff. The beer is on me if any of you are in Charleston...well, for those of age, of course.

Comment

The beer is on me if any of you are in Charleston...well, for those of age, of course.

Hear that, Trip ?
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X