• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEAH!!!!

Never tried playing it sry,

IT WORKS!! WOOHOO!!

Thanks Peeps for help!!

Comment

• I downloaded all this stuff, but there's no "Art0.fpk" in my "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets" folder. There's "Assets0.fpk" through "Assets3.fpk", five folders (art, python, res, sounds, and XML), and "CvGameCoreDLL.dll". What now?

Civ IV is all i wanted for Christmas, please help me make it work

Comment

• Re: New Problem after installing Patch...

Originally posted by Mgw
        When i installed the patch and went to assets in the Civilization Folder there wasn't a single file but there were 4

Assests0.fpk
        Assests1.fpk
        Assests2.fpk
        Assests3.fpk

Which one do i do the Unpack on?

Help!
        How did you get it to work, i have the same problem

Comment

• Still unable to work Civ 4

The error message is:
          "Initialize Renderer failed. Check Directx installation, latest Graphics drivers and graphics settings parameters."

My Pc specs:
          Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2200+, 1.8 Ghz
          Memory 512 MB
          DirectX version: Directx 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

My graphics card is:PowerVR KYRO 32MB/64MB ST Microelectronics
          Current display mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I have downloaded and installed patch 1.52 for Civ4. I upgraded the graphics card drivers to this current version. I used the reccomended PAK application that runs on Win2K and after all of this I still am getting the Failed INitialize Renderer message.

I know the CD I got works 'cause I installed it on another PC.

Can anybody help?

Comment

• haha

call the hotline, they help you....

it works

Comment

• Only if i have to, Kilsomeguys

I uninstalled/reinstalled Civ IV and the patch, and Art0.fpk was there (huzzah). Unpaked it, moved Art0.fpk out of Civilization IV/Assets, and everything was looking good, but when i ran Civ, it got to Init Engine, went black, and came up with:

Initialize Renderer failed. Check DirectX Installation, Latest Graphics Drivers, and Graphics Settings Parameters:
              -width =1024
              -height =768
              -flags =0xc
              -hwnd =0xd00e0
              -adaprtid =0
              -deviceid = 3
              Error:
              |OK|

I don't speak computer (hell, i barely speak english), so if anyone knows what i do now, i'll buy you a lobster dinner (provided you live within five mile of me). Thanks

Comment

• thanks!!! problem fix me running ATI 9550 256 XP Sp2

Comment

• YES!! Hail to forum people who clean up after developers' glitches..!!

After all the 1.52 patch did nothing for the choppy videos, and I came across this fix and it did the trick immediately. Good work!

ATI Radeon x600 Hypermemory 256 MB

/p

[edit: Actually after applying the fix and writing the above I realized that maybe this fix is intended for the 'fail to initilize renderer...' problem I have heard about but never experienced myself. My only problems was that the movies (wonder and victory) were choppy when they played and thus no fun. Also I realized post-hoc that I have no art0.fpk file but as people above write I have the 4 AssetsX.fpk and I unknowingly applied the fix on the Assets0.fpk file without realizing... but still, the movies now play neatly and I hope I have not screwed anything else up... ]
                  Last edited by guermantes; January 15, 2006, 19:17.
                  "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

• Originally posted by Cptn Karl
                    Only if i have to, Kilsomeguys

I uninstalled/reinstalled Civ IV and the patch, and Art0.fpk was there (huzzah). Unpaked it, moved Art0.fpk out of Civilization IV/Assets, and everything was looking good, but when i ran Civ, it got to Init Engine, went black, and came up with:

Initialize Renderer failed. Check DirectX Installation, Latest Graphics Drivers, and Graphics Settings Parameters:
                    -width =1024
                    -height =768
                    -flags =0xc
                    -hwnd =0xd00e0
                    -adaprtid =0
                    -deviceid = 3
                    Error:
                    |OK|

I don't speak computer (hell, i barely speak english), so if anyone knows what i do now, i'll buy you a lobster dinner (provided you live within five mile of me). Thanks
                    Have you flushed your cache? That is, have you deleted all the files in the cache?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• [deleted]
                      Last edited by guermantes; January 16, 2006, 14:57.
                      "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

• OK, I'm having a similar problem as the last couple of posts.

Seeing there was some sort of rendinging problem... I went into the config file and changed:

Fullscreen = 1

to

Fullscreen = ask

and started in windowed mode.

I monkeyed around with the graphics and Civ IV is starting up fine for me now.

Running 1920 x 1200 ATI Mobility x300 64 MB
                        Last edited by bugme; January 16, 2006, 22:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by tarheelgod
                          when i try to open the art0.fpk file in assets (also my assests file is acually CustomAssets, is that all right?) nothing happens

what am i doing wrong?

I have the same situation with my game, should I jus reinstall differently? Your help is appreciated.
                          Cossacks Rock!

Comment

• Tell me what im doing wrong: I go to the civ4 folder and click on CoustomAssets, then i click on assets, and then i see art0.fpk, but there is no files in it. COULD SOMEBODY PLZ HELP ME!!!!!

Comment

• I reinstalled and I didn't get the custom assets problem...maybe that will help. I am still having problems so I think I'll jus go back and unpack it again cuz I didn't take the Art0.FDP file out of the assets.
                              Cossacks Rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Have you flushed your cache? That is, have you deleted all the files in the cache?
                                i was gettin the same error as cptn karl, and i was wondering which cache you were talking about, because i just got the game today, and itd b nice if i was able to play it after spending 6 hours trying to trouble shoot it....

Comment

Working...
                                X