No announcement yet.

New fix for the renderer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My video card is ATI 9550 (128M, 128bit, 350MHz/500MHz).

system is WinXP SP2.

DirectX 9.0c

The driver of video card is Catalyst 5.11 Windows XP.

I have try the tool "PakBuild".

But game didn't work. Error is "Failed to Initialize Renderer".

I am beyond hope. Could you help me? Please.

Email: townecoa@hotmail.com

Comment

• i ´ve got an ATI 9700 SE 128 MB .......and it is not working.......i´ve tried everything...the problem is when i put the setts i wanna play, click on start....it loads, than the systems collaps.....always.... i ve got a notebook fujitsu siemens 1,5 Ghz intel centrino 512 RAM......that should be enough...so what u think is it?

Comment

• I bought the direct download version of civilization iv from "Direct2Drive".

Is there a PAK utility that works for this version?

Any helpo mucho appreciato as I'm totally felling like a lost megalomaniac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikta
          WOOHOO!!!!!!! I love you man!!!

It worked for me on my Radeon 9550!!!
          I am sooo jealous. For the demo (getting it for Christmas) I caried out the instructions but it didn't work . I am running Windows XP professional and I have a Radeon 9550 with 256MB

Comment

• The patch is out
            No more ATI problems.
            My problems were solves before (see previous post) but i had graphical conflicts from time to time. Now, with my old trusty driver and the patch everything is working fine.

Comment

• This didn't work, now what? I have XP and followed the directions.

Comment

• File Art0.fpk did not exist where specified. Searched entire hard drive and found it in:
                C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\assets

Is this the correct file?

Comment

• I removed the entire Sid Meier's Civilization 4 directory from C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\My Documents\My Games and still have the problem. This is very frustrating!

Comment

• I bought a new graphics card...it works ok now, just crashes every 200 or 300 years. lol

Comment

• I can't make it work

Hi, I still have problems with the game
                      I have a Radeon 9550, so I downloaded the drivers (5.12) and I did the Pakbuild.zip thing. After that, the graphics error stoped appearing. But when it finishes cheking everything, the screen turns black like when the games start, but suddenly it goes back to the desktop and the game doesn't start. Please help!! thank you. (I'm sorry if there are any errors, I'm Argentine)

Comment

• help

my god its like 140 AM and im still trying to fix this godforsaken game

my specs are

XP SP2
                        RADEON 9600 Xtasy 256mb
                        2.0 AMD processor
                        512MB RAM

i have done everything and i still load and crash before the cinematic or whatever. it goes black like its launching and yet still it crashes and asks me to error report.

first i followed the 2k games web instuctions to get rid of graphic error... but then had the issue with loading and no processes running.

i reinstalled and went here to this site.

i cleared cache
                        i renamed art folder
                        i unpaked art thing and moved it to every concievable place. a million times.
                        uninstalled/ reinstalled game
                        uninstalled/ reinstalled ATI drivers from website and Disk
                        patched game.

w/e maybe someone can help

"After doing this, instead of crashing to an error message, the screen flickers and crashes to the desktop just after it says Init Engine."

-this seems common amoung ATI 9600's (like me) and i wonder whats up with it
                        Last edited by Kilsomeguys; December 24, 2005, 10:41.

Comment

• Stupid civilization 4......

I've done practicly everything you have mentioned to do with this render problem, i run a 3.0 GHz, 512 Ram, tons of space, 256 MB ATI Radeon 9600XT Computer. I also did the other thing on which i reinstalled my graphics card with the latest 5.13 Driver.

Help Would Be Appreciated!

Comment

• Just Noticed Kilsomeguys problem and i have the exact same problem with my 9600XT, it flickers then just returns to desktop and no error message comes up....

HELP us 9600's Card uses!

Comment

• You should now try downloading the Civ4 1.52 official patch before attempting to do what this thread says. The patches are supposed to fix this problem.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• New Problem after installing Patch...

When i installed the patch and went to assets in the Civilization Folder there wasn't a single file but there were 4

Assests0.fpk
                                Assests1.fpk
                                Assests2.fpk
                                Assests3.fpk

Which one do i do the Unpack on?

Help!

Comment

Working...
                                X