No announcement yet.

New fix for the renderer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, where's this patch? It's 3 weeks this Thursday and I am jonesing for some fixin. Must be a pretty beefy patch to take long like this, which I suppose is a good thing.

Comment

• Weirdness ahoy. Everything was running fine on my XP2500+/9800Pro until today. I have a dualhead system, so I thought I'd try Civ4 in spanned mode. It worked and was pretty damn cool, but since I have crappy CRTs, the distance between the two screens was too great. I don't know what version of the drivers I was running at the time, but the installer file on my desktop (I don't clean desktops) was named 5-9_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_26409.exe.

I since upgraded to the 5.10s after a full uninstall of the old drivers, have disabled the second display, and still get the evil renderer error upon launch.

Comment

• Originally posted by 098

deleting the Civ4 cache \%username%\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\ directory should work. You have the same card as me and it finaly worked after I deleted the Civ4 cache. Make sure also you have view hidden files on under the folder options or else you won't find the Civ4 cache folder.
        This worked, you're a genius.

Comment

• It WORKS!

Thanks a lot man, beutiful!

My system:

Windows 2000 SP2

Abit Radeon 9600XT

Latest Omegadrivers

Comment

• AMD64 3000+ s.939
            ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
            ASUS EN6600GT 128MB 128bit DDR3
            2x512MB Kingston
            160GB Seagate SATA

Hm, works great!
            haZeX

Comment

• NO NO and NO!!! Civ 4 DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

I am French and i have bought the french version of the game last week. My first surprise was to see that the game wasn't Working.

So i have download The PAK... Whatever the name and of course, it didn't worked. I still had that damned Black map!!!

My configuration:

-Nvidia Geforce 4 440 GO 64 M
              -AMD athlon XP Processor
              -3000+
              -398 Mhz, 512 mo ram

Please, i want to play!!!

Comment

• Could some one help me for heaven sake?

Comment

• Compaq Presario 2529cl W/ Radeon IGP 345M

Tried this No luck any other suggestions?
                  thanks for any help...

Comment

• Originally posted by lamont
                    Compaq Presario 2529cl W/ Radeon IGP 345M

Tried this No luck any other suggestions?
                    thanks for any help...
                    That is the same video that my HP ZE5732qv has. Appearently it is not even good enough to meet the minimum requirements of the game. I should gripe to HP about this because I bought this laptop a year ago and it cost me $1800. When compared to the video on other non HP/Compaq notebooks/laptops in the same price range they really shortchanged everybody and got away with it. They also screwed over their hard drives with slow 4200RPM U66 drives instead of the 5400RPM U100 drives that everybody else was using in "comparable" notebooks/laptops.

It is starting to seem that unless you have a $5000 custom laptop from www.alienware.com you will not be able to run this game on any laptop.

Maybe somebody should start a class action against Firaxis for releasing a product that was not ready. With as many problems as are being reported there no way on this Earth they did not know about them prior to releasing the game.

Comment

• nogard666,

i can adjust the amount of video memory in the BIOS to 128MB. doing this helped the movie playback but the land mass is still dark. I know using shared memory is not the ideal solution but this laptop is my only hope (i net 600mb after video with a P4 2.4CPU) I meet the recuirements for this game. (have you should check your BIOS for video ram options?)
                      thanks for your comments... i want to play!

Comment

• not ork with Radeon Mobile IGP 345M
                        :-(

Comment

• Thanks, fix mentioned in first post worked for my ATI Mobility Radeon 9700

Cheers, will now take a look at Civ IV (after long pause of not playing Civ II)...

Comment

• I have the problem that i see no menue, I see only the eart!
                            no menue!!

what to do??

Comment

• i have solved all the civ 4 problems that are possible
                              if anyone needs help, my icq is 277270879

in german:

hatte alles an problemen mit civ 4 was ich bis jetzt gehoert hab, habs jetzt zum laufen gebracht, wer hilfe braucht, meine icq 277270879

(no menue, rendering error, fog of war, >>xml parsel error on starting, and so on...)

Comment

• And for my problem? Is there no solutions?

Comment

Working...
                                X