New fix for the renderer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest thing just happened. IT STARTED WORKING
    I say may thanks to those of you who got all this together.
    My last problem was prolly just that i didnt refresh or something smallfry.

THANK YOU FRIENDS OF CIVILIZATION

Comment

• OK, done all that, but when I move the file from assets where do I put it?
      Tried sticking it on desktop and then the game doesn;t load at all.

Comment

• So i am new to these boards, and found them by searching for a fix for the CIV render problem. I just though i would take the time to register and express my thanks at the OUTSTANDING help you have provided in getting my copy of CIV IV to run.... you guys are awesome!!!!

Rad 9550 - FIXED

As a thank you i extend an invitation for any automotive technical issues you all might have.... Visit www.honda-tech.com and I'll return the favor!!

Brian White

Comment

• this didn't work on my Radeon 7500c :-(

Comment

• YA HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!

IT WORKED!!!!!!

btw... I subscribed to this site just because the fix worked.

Comment

• I haven't tried it yet . but reading the replys . I Got WOOD . lol .

Comment

• Your August Pettah,

Sorry it took me so long to get back and comizerate but I finally figured out what my problem was.

It is the same problem that everyone is having, this technology has moved on us. We are all sitting on the same limb of the tech-tree that we were 2 or more years ago. That is alright for processors and operating systems and sound cards and disk space and even memory. But graphic card technology has gotten a lot better.

After I realized this, a great white light shone warmly down upon me and I got off my - - chair and bought a new generation graphics card. Volla! It works (after I tweeked the Bios settings for APG a little bit).

If you do not upgrade, you die!

I can remember building a new computer from scratch, in 1985, to get access to the latest technology to play some game (yes, that was 20 years ago). Since then the technology has stablized, a lot. I have decided, that instead of whining I should be happy that I did not have to throw out the old box like I have in the past.

Jack Noir

ADD- by the way mikel79, your graphics board is the same as the one I got rid of to upgrade. It will not work, I tried. Spend the money, be happy. Christmas is coming.
                Last edited by Jack Noir; November 7, 2005, 03:09.

Comment

• It worked for me too. Many thanks

ATI X850XT Platinum edition

Comment

• After doing this, instead of crashing to an error message, the screen flickers and crashes to the desktop just after it says Init Engine.

Any ideas?

Radeon 9600 256mb btw

Comment

• if nothing else works try running in a window...worked for me when all else failed

Comment

• This however, did not seem to work for me, is it needed to hide the Art File in a compressed folder? I am running onboard video, but i have also run many more graphics intensive games than CIV4 and should have no rpoblems with it.

Comment

• Works great

Sapphire X700Pro 256MB

Comment

• Originally posted by JuLeZ
                            I'm not sure if this is the "rendering" problem. I've been having this problem everytime I try to launch the game I get this window's error message.

Please if anyone has information on what this might me let me know. I have a DELL XPS Laptop with Mobility radeon 9800 in it drivers are completely up to date
                            I'm not sure if anyone responded to this one yet, but you seem to have hit a problem with the copy protection, or you have a cracked version which isn't supported here.

Comment

• i have this problem:

what to do now?

(laptop with mobility radeon x700)
                              Last edited by Andy_0709; November 8, 2005, 15:31.

Comment

• Since the upgrade of my driver I get a system 'beep' from time to time. Nothing serious but pretty annoying. Can anyone say what this could be? I'm not having it while surfing the net or doing anything in office. I'm getting it during gaming.

Comment

Working...
                                X