X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This did not work for me.

Dell Inspiron 9200 - Radeon Mobility 9700
    Using Omega Drivers (updated 10/25/05)

The Movies (Intros and Wonders) skip. The sound skips slightly on the intro and the video lags a bit. On The wonder movies, the sound and video skip so much that it is almost impossible to watch them as they were intended.

I ran the PakBuild Program and nothing changed. I am sure i did it correctly.
    I check the Art/Movies folder and played the Bink videos, and the Intro and wonder movies play beautifully.

I am going to try to download the newest radeon drivers and respond.

Comment

• Hello Im back. The 5.1 catylist Drivers Do Work Better. The Movies still skip, but not as bad. I hope the civ team works on this problem.

Review:

Radeon Mobility 9700 with omega drivers-
      I have no error message, but there is clearly a problem with movie playback.

Uninstalling my omega drivers and swapping them for the ati catylist 5.1 drivers seem to have fixed the problem.

Comment

• ATI X700 AGP checking in positive!

Comment

• Did not work for me with an ATI 700...Help!!

Comment

• Per my earlier post, I had to use this fix on my Inspiron 8200, but Civ IV installed right out of the box on my desktop (DFI UT NF3 250Gb, AIW 9600 128MB). Both run Win Xp Pro with all updates.

Comment

• i have hide img drive and upacked art0.fpk

but i get this

AND I HAVE IN CIV4 FOLDER SHORTCOUTS THAT DOESNT LEAD NOWEAR???

BTW
              P4 3.2
              1GB RAM
              ATI RADEON 9600 256MB
              ONBORD AUDIO:-)

PLZ HELP
              Last edited by TanatoS; November 1, 2005, 09:51.

Comment

• Doesn't seem to be working for me
                I have an IBM Thinkpad R40 laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500. I installed DirectX, the newest drivers I could find and then tried the Pakbuild fix but I still get a 'Failed to Initialize Renderer - Check DirectX Version and Graphics Settings' error. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by scottieh29
                  Did not work for me with an ATI 700...Help!!
                  I previously followed all the instructions on the 2kgames support website for ATI owners, to no avail (uninstall game, ATI drivers, install game+directx, install latest ATI drivers -- failed to init renderer). Then downloaded the pakbuild widget, ran it in the /Program*/Firaxis*/Sid*Civ*4/Assets/ dir. When that completed, I created the subdir 'ART0FPK.DIR' and moved the Art0.FPK to this directory, clicked the desktop icon and enjoyed the intro movie and gameplay. Perhaps it would help to first to the recommended ATI fix, followed by the pakbuild dance.

BTW, the first time through, the movie was choppy and stacatto. I tweaked my graphics settings within the program (I raised them all to the max levels) and now it runs smoothly and impressively on a 1900x1200 display. System is an Athlon 64 2800+, 512MB (PC2700 @ 2-2-2-5-1), MSI Neo K8T800, ATI X700 AGP, M-Audio Audiophile sound card, WinXP SP2, Cat 5.10 drivers, stock/default speeds.

Comment

• I have tried all the ways, BUT
                    Still did not work for me with my ATI 9550...Help me please!!

Comment

• Re: New fix for the renderer error

Originally posted by Solver
                      This fix has been tried for Inverse Icarus and Unimatrix, and got their games fully working, so everyone give it a try.

Requirements:

You have installed a retail version of Civ4, along with the DirectX update on the CD. You have installed the 5.10 ATI drivers.

Instructions:

1. Download, unzip and run this application.
                      2. From the menu, select PAK->Unpack.
                      3. Go to your Civ 4 Folder, Assets subdirectory (CivilizationIV\Assets), select the Art0.FPK file, click Open.
                      4. You'll be prompted to select an extraction folder, select CivilizationIV\Assets - same folder as above.
                      5. Wait. The program may appear to hang with the progress bar at 100%, but it will be done with unpacking in 2-5 minutes.
                      6. Move the Art0.FPK file out of your Assets folder so that Civ4 can't find it.
                      7. Run Civ4.

Attention Windows 2000 users!!

The Unpak tool doesn't work for Windows 2000, but Firaxis are in the process of updating it to do so. In the meanwhile, you can use the unofficial utility by Gramphos.

Please report your video card and whether this works for you.

Thanks!
                      Ok I've done exactly what you've instructed but now instead of that graphic rendering error the screen will flash two times and go back to Windows. My system is basicly an Athlon 2Gig, 1Gig RAM and a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis with the new 5.10 drivers.
                      Last edited by 098; November 2, 2005, 19:37.

Comment

• I have the following error: At loading in a save the game exits to the desctop. I can start a new game, but not load in a saved one.
                        (Have closed the game becouse it's started to do weird 3D graphic problems.)

ThemeParseLog.txt
                        [Nov 03, 2005 - 00:55:39] Messages while processing 'Resource/Themes/Civ4.thm'

Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4910, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4918, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4926, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4983, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4991, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4999, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                        I have found the city_titlearrows.tga in Civ4\Custom\, and copied it to Civ4\Hud\, but the problem are still present!
                        I have modified the ini to enable logging, but the logs seems to be to me normal.... (no error msg)

I have do the rename of UnitLight.nif.

Ohhh... I have noticed an error now... (Must have got it last time I have tryed.)

resmgr.log
                        RESMGR: Texture PlayerColor01.tga failed to load
                        RESMGR: Texture PlayerColor02.tga failed to load
                        Renamed PlayerColor02.tga, problem still present... resmgr.log are empty.

hmmm...

legacy.log
                        [Jason] Using old cut tree: Art/Terrain/Routes/Rivers/River05a.nif_clone
                        [...]
                        [Jason] Using old cut tree: Art/Terrain/Routes/Rivers/River01h.nif_clone
                        [...]
                        [Jason] Using old cut tree: Art/Terrain/Routes/Rivers/River02f.nif_clone
                        [...]
                        legacy.log are full of that and similar rows, all rows nearby the same... it's now ower a half megabite....

The network logs are usuall this:
                        network-2056_11-3-2005_8-31-58.txt
                        [21801.359] DBG: HOSTING a SINGLEPLAYER, SAVED, LAN game!
                        [21801.359] DBG: Adding active connection-level player info for NetID 0
                        [21801.453] DBG: Adding NetID 0 to Portal!
                        [21801.500] DBG: Got NetworkReady from NetID 0
                        [21801.500] DBG: Checking if we're connect complete! PeersReady=yes :: AlreadyComplete=no
                        [21801.500] DBG: Got our last outstanding network ready message! Sending Version Verification! (m_bConnectComplete=true)
                        [21801.500] DBG: Got Verify Version message from NetID 0!
                        [21801.500] DBG: Only Slot 0 is left - sending response with NetID 0 for this civ!
                        [21801.500] DBG: Civ 0 already claimed! No password required, sending ack to NetID 0
                        [21801.516] DBG: Received CivChoice Ack Message from NetID 0
                        [21801.516] DBG: Sending CivChosen claim on AppID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Received CivChosen Claim on AppID 0 from NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending game info to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about NetID 0 to everyone
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 1 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 2 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 3 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 4 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 5 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 6 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 7 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 8 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 9 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 10 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 11 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 12 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 13 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 14 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 15 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 16 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending player info about civ at slot 17 to NetID 0
                        [21801.656] DBG: Sending Information about SaveFile "C:\Documents and Settings\PLaci\Dokumentumok\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Saves\single\PLaci 002 AD-1740.Civ4SavedGame" to NetID 0
                        but once it was this:
                        network-2056_11-3-2005_2-23-40.txt
                        [29551.234] DBG: HOSTING a SINGLEPLAYER, NEW, LAN game!
                        [29551.234] DBG: Adding active connection-level player info for NetID 0
                        [29551.359] DBG: Adding NetID 0 to Portal!
                        [29551.406] DBG: Got NetworkReady from NetID 0
                        [29551.406] DBG: Checking if we're connect complete! PeersReady=yes :: AlreadyComplete=no
                        [29551.406] DBG: Got our last outstanding network ready message! Sending Version Verification! (m_bConnectComplete=true)
                        [29551.406] DBG: Got Verify Version message from NetID 0!
                        [29551.406] DBG: Assigning AppID 0 to NetID 0!
                        [29551.453] DBG: Received ID assignment message! Our AppID = 0!
                        [29551.453] DBG: Sending our player info to everyone else
                        [29551.453] DBG: Sending our AppID assignment (ID=0) to everyone else
                        [29551.813] DBG: Received player ID Assignment!
                        AppID=0
                        NetID=0
                        [29635.344] DBG: Sending sync start message everyone
                        [29635.594] DBG: Got a sync start from NetID 0
                        Why are Civ4 making a server to play single player? Odd.... Civ4=BF2?

I want to play!

Forgot my config:

ABit NF7, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 2*256MB DDR400, Tyan Radeon 9800 128MB, drivers all the latest. (+ 1-4GB swap)
                        Last edited by PLaci; November 3, 2005, 03:09.

Comment

• still not working

Help me please  HEEELP, for the last 14h I’m trying to set up the game

I tried everything.

Following the http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/support_ati.htm

Installing ATI (5.10) driver (9/14/2005). PakBulid is extracting only 1 fail CvGameCoreDLL.dll which size is only 3.41 MB(?)

deleting cache…

; Set to 1 for no in-game movies
                          NoMovies = 1

…downloaded new d3dx9_27.dll

I have reinstalled Windows, and all the drivers (mainboard, sound card…)

I have Athlon 1500+
                          512MB
                          ATI 9200 128mb (by gigabyte)
                          Win XP sp2

I’m getting the “failed rederer” message always…

I tried also with a my old geforce 2 TI 32mb card, same message

[3478.902] DBG: FILE Cat Init
                          [3491.450] DBG: NOT Using XML cache, failed to find crc.dat file
                          [3491.490] DBG: Game Init
                          [3491.490] DBG: Multiplayer Init
                          [3492.782] DBG: Audio Init
                          [3495.376] DBG: ArtFileMgr Init
                          [3495.386] DBG: Python Init
                          [3511.459] VERSION: CIV Version: 0
                          [3511.459] VERSION: Save Version: 100
                          [3511.459] DBG: Input Init
                          [3511.489] DBG: Engine Init
                          [3511.709] ERR: Initialize Renderer failed - parameters:
                          - width = 1024
                          - height = 768
                          - flags = 0xc
                          - hwnd = 0x80554
                          - adaptrid = 0
                          - deviceid = 3
                          [3511.709] DBG: Failed to Initialize Renderer - Check DirectX Version
                          Attached Files

Comment

• OMG you're AWESOME!

i hadda use gramphos' tool, but suffice to say it works

system specs btw:

xp2600+
                            1.25 gig ddr 400
                            Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256

Comment

• I crash every 4-5 turns after I hit industrial age.

Using x700 pro.

Comment

• I guess this doesn't fix the late game CTD a lot of us are having?
                                "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Working...
                                X