No announcement yet.

New fix for the renderer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted the cache! It works! You're all great!!!

*plugs out the telephone cable and turns off the cellphone*

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lardossen
      Also ran the alpha win2k artpak thing. Selected art0.fpk and selected the Assets folder to unstract in.
      You also have to move the Art0.fpk file out of the Assets folder, so the game won't try to use it.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Thanks, it seems to work with Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Advantage! I wanna thank the person who made this fix for Windows 2000.

Comment

• Yes, I had this problem several times yesterday. Today I've made a full reinstall following the step by step fireaxis instructions. I've made the reinstall in a different hard disk, still have to try. More later.

Comment

• Bah, getting a complete system lock-up after I've played it for something like 5 minutes, is anyone else having this issue too?

Comment

• Sorry to say, but this fix DID NOT work.

My setup:

Athalon 2700+
              512MB
              Radion 9200SE

Now the only thing I can think of that might be a problem is that the original post said I should be using 5.10 drivers. The driver version I have is 6.14. I don't know if this makes any difference. If so, can somebody tell me where to find and older driver?

Comment

• How can I use the fix if the DirectX on the disc refuses to install itself?

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted."

And then the DirectX installer on the disc crashes!

What the hell?

Comment

• I enabled logging now.

In the resmgr.log I find this.

RESMGR: Texture PlayerColor01.tga failed to load
                  RESMGR: Texture PlayerColor02.tga failed to load

Does this tell you anything ?

Edited: spell check.
                  Last edited by IBMT42; October 30, 2005, 13:02.

Comment

• Thanks so much for this advice. Wish I'd seen it before needlessly uninstalling & reinstalling Civ4 & all my ATI drivers. I'm running the ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 and the game runs great now!

Comment

• ThemeParseLog.txt says:[Oct 30, 2005 - 09:54:28] Messages while processing 'Resource/Themes/Civ4.thm'

Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4910, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4918, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4926, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4983, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4991, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
                      Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4999, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'

resmgr.txt says:
                      RESMGR: Scene file Art/Terrain/Lights/UnitLight.nif failed to load. Reason: (code:1) Cannot open file
                      I have been getting the exact same messages. I've tried every method detailed multiple times, with very little success. I did get the "Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4999, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'" to go away, by searching for the file 'city_titlearrows.tga', copying it, and pasteing it to yourpath\Civ4\Resource\Civ4\HUD. One other thing that I noticed, was that "Scene file Art/Terrain/Lights/UnitLight.nif failed " UnitLight.nif is all in lower case in it's directory. I changed the case, but it didn't help any.

Comment

• Did you try clearing the cache?
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• -Deleted

Comment

• Wrong thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                              Did you try clearing the cache?
                              I've tried every method at least five times. I cleared the cache after every attempt to make it work.

Comment

• I get it worked on Win2K by following scenario. It was already mentioned in the topic before, I just summarize it

- Unpack by the Win2k alpha version to Assets.
                                - Put file city_titlearrows.tga to Civ4 HUD directory (yes, log told me)

//// crash to desktop ////

- Rename directory Art to Art0
                                - unpack again
                                - copy sub directory Movies from Art0 to Art.

That's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X