New fix for the renderer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pak build does nothing

When i run pak build, it loads, but when I select unpack ( or anything else) it does nothing. I mean it just sits there, it does not crash or locked up. Is it me os does it seem like more and more, game devolpers are relying on the paying public to do beta testing, because it is easy to release a patch, rather then actually testing the thing properly before it hits the shelves. I am so sick of haveing to scour the web looking for fixes that should have been caught monthes ago. F****** LAZY

Comment

• Is this fix only for the renderer error or does it also fix the blacked out map problem? I haven't been able to find a fix to this specific error.

I've got a brand new laptop with a mobility 7500 and game installed and loaded with no error messages. However, video performance sucks and the map is blacked out.

Comment

• Tried this, X800XL, doesnt work at all. At first I was getting the graphics render error message. So i did exactly what the instructions said, and unpacked, etc. Now, instead of the error message, it just doesnt do anything. the screen goes black, changes colors from dark gray to black a few times, you see the spinning little wheel thing, then kicks back to the desktop, leaving a text file in the directory callled ThemeParseLog.txt, and inside is contained:

[Oct 28, 2005 - 15:27:41] Messages while processing 'Resource/Themes/Civ4.thm'

Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4910, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4918, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4926, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4983, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4991, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'
        Error : File - ('Civ4Theme_Custom.thm', Ln:4999, Col:47) Could not load bitmap 'Civ4/HUD/city_titlearrows.tga'

I just want to mention this. For this EXACT reason, I ALWAYS download my games from BitTorrent FIRST, and then go and buy it if there is NO problems. Otherwise, I would be SOL with a 50 some dollar game that doesnt work, just like at first BF2 didnt work and was full of bugs.

I highly recommend doing this in the long run, as it saves you money, unless you are rich and can afford to blow your money on games that are released before the bugs are fixed.

BTW my system specs:

Athlon XP 1.84ghz
        2GB PC3200 RAM
        ATi Radeon X800XL 256MB
        7200RPM HD

If you guys have any idea what this crap above means, your help is appreciated. Otherwise, I just saved 50 bucks on a game that I couldnt return.

Comment

• Re: pak build does nothing

Originally posted by jonnygunn
          When i run pak build, it loads, but when I select unpack ( or anything else) it does nothing. I mean it just sits there, it does not crash or locked up.
          Try my utility then, and see if it works better:
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Matth3w: Did you try deleteng your cache?

Comment

• Originally posted by ac_snowman
              Is this fix only for the renderer error or does it also fix the blacked out map problem? I haven't been able to find a fix to this specific error.

I've got a brand new laptop with a mobility 7500 and game installed and loaded with no error messages. However, video performance sucks and the map is blacked out.
              Yes, this fix is for the render error only. There is nothing that stops you for trying it for aother graphic issues, but there is nothing that shows that it has had any good effect on anything else. Blaxk textures is a different issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Yes, this fix is for the render error only. There is nothing that stops you for trying it for aother graphic issues, but there is nothing that shows that it has had any good effect on anything else. Blaxk textures is a different issue.
                Thanks.
                Does anybody know where there might be a fix for this posted? I've seen other people with the same problem on various boards but not a solution. Maybe it's just an unpatched bug at this point.

Comment

• After trying desperate for 2 days now to get the game working, I gave a specific suggestion from this forum a second try: trying to login with another User-account for win2k.

And suddenly the game started!

It surprised me, because I tried this without success one day before.
                  My initial problem was, that after unpacking the Art0.pak folder the render-error disappeared, instead of this I was thrown back to the desktop during the loading screen at "init engine".

So maybe this gives hope to people with the same problem as me to try this out (again). The main difference between yesterday when this procedure didn't work and today is that I reinstalled the game today (the working windows-user-account was the same which didn't work yesterday).

Good Luck!

Comment

• Matth3w: You are not allowed to suggest illegal actions on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Collorado
                      After trying desperate for 2 days now to get the game working, I gave a specific suggestion from this forum a second try: trying to login with another User-account for win2k.

And suddenly the game started!

It surprised me, because I tried this without success one day before.
                      My initial problem was, that after unpacking the Art0.pak folder the render-error disappeared, instead of this I was thrown back to the desktop during the loading screen at "init engine".

So maybe this gives hope to people with the same problem as me to try this out (again). The main difference between yesterday when this procedure didn't work and today is that I reinstalled the game today (the working windows-user-account was the same which didn't work yesterday).

Good Luck!
                      Does it still not work with the other user account? Did you try deleting it's cache?

Comment

• Matth3w: Firstly, as said, you're not allowed to discuss or suggest pirating games on this forum. Secondly, guess what, there are actually cases of pirated games not working while the real games work flawlessly.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• except, this obviously isnt one of those cases as people are still having problems.

Comment

• Oh, my own personal "renderer problem" is fixed. I just now have the problem as a mojority of other users, in that my X800 PRO now displays black world map and messed up text when I first discover religion. I have a separate topic for that if you want to investigate:

Comment

• deleting the cache started the game. we will see about the black world map. isnt it hard to play without a good world map?

Comment

• you know warlord, I followed the directions to the letter and I only unpacked once and it didnt work until i followed your Art0 renaming method.

Comment

Working...
                                X