Clear All

• Works. 9550 here.

Arigato
    Xie Xie
    Danke Schoen
    Thank You

Comment

• It works!

Radeon X600 Pro here and this fixed it. Thank you very much for fixing the problem!

Comment

• Victory

The fix worked for me:

ATI 9550 AGP

AMD ATHLON XP 2800+

512 MB Ram

Thanks!!

Comment

• Hooray! That did the trick! Good-bye, sleep.

ATI X800 XL here (AGP).

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
            Any chance of a technical explanation of why it works?

Computers .
            It wouldnt be related to copy protection would it?
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• I'm with the Radeon 9550 256 MB and I also have the desktop crash now instead of Render Error. It's just like Roboczar's case and a few others.

Help, pleas, help me !!!

Comment

• For those who apply the patch and now suffer a CTD after the load screen, I had that problem and solved it.

The patch simply caused it to get by the init but go straight to crashing to the desktop. So I actually took my graphics card out of the machine, swapping it with an old crappy card. After trying that card (didn't meet requirements - black land, Cheshire cat issues) I swapped in the new card, refreshed everything, reinstalled the game, applied the patch, and it works fine. Note that I have an ATI Radeon 9550 256.

So I suggest actually removing your graphics card from your system - deinstall it in Hardware Manager and if you can get a hold of another card, run your computer with that. Then reinstall entirely. Solver suspects, and I concur, that a new detection of the card may solve this new problem.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I did this and it does not work....How I can look up my card???????????

Comment

• Originally posted by rumpo kid
                    Simpleton - don't do it man!

The game will be there when you get back and your education is forever!

Just kidding

Steve

I couldn't resist. I played for about 30 minutes. Now I am really going to study....really I am.....I'd better.
                    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

• Frankly, I don't think the rest of us are going to get any solutions until they come out with the first patch. Enough people have had their problem solved with this fix, and that's probably 'good enough for now'.

Kind of like the early release of this game was 'good enough for now'.

Sorry about the sour grapes, but it's not fun having a pair of coasters for nearly 2 days.

Comment

• What is the default location for the game? Because the only CivIV files I can find in the C drive is C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4, and it has no files inside it.

Comment

• Originally posted by roboczar
                          Frankly, I don't think the rest of us are going to get any solutions until they come out with the first patch. Enough people have had their problem solved with this fix, and that's probably 'good enough for now'.

Kind of like the early release of this game was 'good enough for now'.

Sorry about the sour grapes, but it's not fun having a pair of coasters for nearly 2 days.
                          Is there a way you can get your hands on XP?

BTW: you can't say they haven't tried, I understand your disapointment but they did try!!

Maybe they will the 2000 soon too.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Followup: I found the art0.fpk file, but it's a folder, and not a file. Inside the folder, theres no files. Also, I found the asset subsection in the customasset file. Am I going the right way?

Comment

• I can't afford XP, no. I have a very small budget when it comes to software, and Civ 4 was it for the next few months.

I shouldn't have to upgrade my operating system for a game that's supposed to run on Win2k.

Comment

• radeon 9800 256mb ram

inspiron 9100 dell laptop

WORKED LIKE A CHARM. i love you firaxis!

Comment

Working...
                                X