No announcement yet.

game speed: epic vs normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I modded it and have posted it in this thread with the way I think it should go. Testing on the NORMAL game length first before addressing EPIC.

Anyway in my mod NORMAL changes the vanilla 415 turns to 530 or so.

Try it out let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Akaoz
      Okay I checked the files

There are 650 tunrs in an Epic game.

There are 430 turns in a Normal game.

And there are 295 turns in a Quick game.
      SMACX games, if you play correctly and with experience take you 130-150 turns. On average I would say. Compared to 295, it is not that quick. Playing PBEM in SMACX is still better in this case, since you have much better chance to finish the game. Many people get bored after so many days
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by bitbucket

Is this with or without Venger's changes? Just curious.
        Without. I’m going to play through a few times to see what I think about the default Epic Speed before trying mods/changes.
        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I'm kind of curious about what would be the perfect modification of "Epic". (Note that you can add the settings to, so you can add a "Semi-Normal" or "New Epic" to the settings) The extremely slow production bothers me a bit, although the science being longer is probably the most important. At the same time, increased production rates accelerates the game, so I'm just wondering what the best balance would be. I'd also like to know what exactly is the inflation modifier in the XML file too - I havn't figured that out yet.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
            (Note that you can add the settings to, so you can add a "Semi-Normal" or "New Epic" to the settings)
            Are you saying that you can add a fourth, chooseable, game speed to the same menu that you choose Epic / Normal / Quick from? And would that be by editing the .xml file referenced above?

Or would it have to be a mod as previously discussed?
            "The virus of hate infects the ignorant mind" - Biohazard

Comment

Working...
            X