Any Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Status?

I recognize that Firaxis is hard at work on a fix, but it's getting late in the workday for Maryland. Can we get a status on the ATI issue?

Specifically:
    1.) Has Firaxis reproduced the defect on the affected video cards?

2.) Have they diagnosed the issue?

3.) Has a fix been created/tested?

4.) Is there an eta for a patch?

I understand that due to the constraints of releasing shrink wrapped software, patches are a necessary evil. However, the affected people are the core fan base of the franchise, pre-orders with high-end systems. I think expecting an update is not unrealistic.

I agree, an update from Firaxis would make the next few days go by a bit easier.

Comment

the only thing i want is a recognition on the civ4 website. they're acting like this doesn't exist, and it pisses me off

Comment

Come on. Its been ONE DAY. I wouldn't get so tremdously pissed off just because an "official" update hasn't been posted. You post HERE, so you should be aware that Firaxis knows about the issues since Trip has posted many times already.

Although, I do feel your pain if you can't run the game at all or it is crashing all the time. Sorry man.

Comment

Originally posted by jadelith
          the only thing i want is a recognition on the civ4 website. they're acting like this doesn't exist, and it pisses me off
          That's the nearest to anything official.

They do know it exist and are working very hard to solve it.
          Just be a little patient...

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Frankly I would be shocked to see an official anoucement about this bug/issue for several reasons:

1. Public anoucement would criple sales which Take 2 really needs right now

2. An anoucement would give people who bought the game the ability to return it to thier store under most state laws. Till they say its broke, the strore doesnt have to take it back

So right now Take 2 is probably fighting to keep this quiet as I havent seen any news articles on any major gaming sites (IGN, Gamespot) as this impacts thier bottom line. Sure, the tech tree is listed but there was a fix in palce on day one for that so they get to look like they are protecting the consumer. An error becomes a win.

If I was them I would tell my PR department to play cover up and try to buy the developers time to fix the issue.

Notice not a single review has mentioned this? Are they all using NVIDIA?

Common business practice is to protect the business.

Comment

Working...
            X