• Show
Clear All

• New video card question

All,

I currently have the following :

Athlon 1.9
    512 megs ram
    Nvidia4 4200 w/ 128 megs ram

I was wondering how well the game would run on my system? If not well, what would be a good card to get for my system w/o going overboard?

I was looking at the Nvidia 6600 w/ 256 megs of ram.

Comments?

Thx
    jonp

I know the game runs okay on a GeForce 4600ti (my old card until the ATI thing is fixed).

That is an upgrade to the 4200, but same basic GPU.

But in any case, if you are considering the 6600, you wont be disappointed. It is a nice card, and will work great.

Comment

It will work great but at the same time it is overkill for your system.
      If you're not looking at upgrading the rest too within a reasonable amount of time I personally would go for a cheaper card.
      You aren't even going to notice it.

That card will be doing it's task with both hands tied on it's back waiting for the processor to give it something to do.

maybe a 9800PRO ATI maybe the better card for you, it's only a little slower but it's cheaper too.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

So, with a AMD 1900, it is overkill to get a 6600 w/ 256 megs of ram?

There are online retailers selling it for $125 which is quite reasonable.

I have always had good luck with Nvidia cards so I want to stay with them

Thx
        jonpfl

Comment

Working...
        X