Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civilization should has limited one Religion Found when discover tech.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization should has limited one Religion Found when discover tech.

Civilization can have many religion for thier people but however, I think it's should be limited One per Civilization "Found Religion" or Holy City. They should not have many first found religions, if they dont want that religions, they should pass up and try to get other religions, but if want that religions found then can't have other religions found, if you guys understand what I said, It's not right to have Civilization to have many holy city of all kind of Religions.

Umh, there a city called Jerusalem in the real world. I understand it has holy places for 3 religions; Christianity, Islam and Judaism.

I don't see a problem with a single city in Civ4 being the holy city for more than one religion.

In my first game I want London to be the holy city for as many religions as I can get (umh, when I get my hands on Civ4).

Comment

Agree totally with Peter Harris. Limiting it to one religion founded per civilization would be totally unhistorical - from the religions in Civ 4, 2 were founded by Indians (Hinduism, Buddhism), 2 by Chinese (Taoism, Confucianism), and 2 by Israelites (Judaism and Christianity) with Islam also being heavily influenced by them.

What I would like to see instead is an option to name your religions, or at least have the religion be chosen at random from a list of religions fitting the "stage of development" (e.g. when developing Montheism, you would found some ancient Monotheism, such as Judaism, or Zoroastrianism, or Cult of Akhenaton; with Theology, you would have "medium Monotheism", like Christianity, Manicheism or Gnosticism, and with Divine Right you would have late or mistical Monotheism, like Islam, Sufism, Arianism or Catharism).
      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
      - Frank Herbert

Comment

But which tech would give you Flying Spaghetti Monsterism
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

sounds scary...
          Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

It is fine the way it is. Research religious techs earlier if you feel they are important.

Comment

Originally posted by inca911
              It is fine the way it is. Research religious techs earlier if you feel they are important.
              Yeah, you can fast-track your way to certain religions, but it'll cost you in terms of other scientific advancement if you go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Gully Foyle

Yeah, you can fast-track your way to certain religions, but it'll cost you in terms of other scientific advancement if you go that route.
                Sounds like real life.
                - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  Chemistry.
                  - Frank Herbert

Comment

Well, lets just play a little devil's advocate here...

Originally posted by Martinus
                    Agree totally with Peter Harris. Limiting it to one religion founded per civilization would be totally unhistorical
                    True, real life religious history says that a single Civ can be the birthplace of multiple religions. Unfortunately, Civ doesn't accurately portray real life religious history all that well. The realism really gets lost in-game when a single Civ founds 2/3 of the major religions.

Part of the problem is that Civ4 religion system is very concrete, whereas large-scale religion isn't. Civ4 doesn't account for religious evolution, or religion vs government, or intra-civ religion/population dynamics.

For example - IRL, all those pairs of same-civ religions you named were the results of ideological differences, or 'splits'. In Civ4, OTOH, founding a new religion is never anything but a good thing for the founder, whether you convert, or call it a bunch of fluff, or whatever.

Perhaps Civ4 should have a mechanism for a Civ to 'usurp' a holy city's benefits from another Civ that has fallen out of faith. The "old" religious center can keep their wonder, but with no tithes or spy information because the pilgrims are done traveling to that city. This would make sure that a player actually has to mantain some respect for the religion he/she/it founded, and not just count it as a notch for the belt.

For Example - My competition has the holy city for both Hinduism and Judaism. After getting the second holy city they changed their state religion over to Judaism, thus effectively "abandoning" Hinduism. (Yes, many people still follow the religion, but they are becoming the minority) Meanwhile, all my cities are Hindu, and Hinduism is my state religion. So I use a Great Prophet to build a new Holy Shrine and relocate the Holy City ('cause, hello?, Prophets do that kind of thing all the time!). After this, my competition can keep the old Shrine as a souvenir, but it is now an expired wonder so all it gives them is a bit of culture.

On an entirely different note, what about Jerusalem?? :

Umh, there a city called Jerusalem in the real world. I understand it has holy places for 3 religions; Christianity, Islam and Judaism.

I don't see a problem with a single city in Civ4 being the holy city for more than one religion.

In my first game I want London to be the holy city for as many religions as I can get (umh, when I get my hands on Civ4).
                    Umh, as I understand it, Mecca is the Holy City for Islam. But anyways, Jerusalem is an example to a different discussion (one religion per City), not the OP's comment (one religion per civ). =p

As for multiple religions per City, has anybody actually repeated Jerusalem's feat? It seems to me that the game is programmed not to allow that to happen if at all possible. I'm thinking the only way to do it intentionally would be to build only one city until your religions are all researched.

ok, time to stop rambling and get back to playing... I've already forgotten what I was here for.

Chemistry
                    Actually, isn't it Mass Communication?

Comment

but has many religions per City or Civilization isn't unique, beside if two religions in same civilization should cause unhappy unless set-law freedom of Religions. How about that?

Comment

Working...
                      X