To whom it may concern.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To whom it may concern.

I have installed Civ 4 on two computers. The first, my personal, did not work. it was running old 4.12 CAT drivers, and the directX did NOT install initially, nor did it even show up to ask if I wanted to.

I manually installed the DX9 from the CD, and updated drivers to 5.10, but this did not fix it.

On my second computer, just now, I installed Civ4. The DX9 install did show up, and I clicked yes to install, but comp never restarted. It then proceeded to install full game. After installation, with NO reboot, mind you, the game started flawlessly. The computer is also running even older, 4.4, CAT drivers.

Comp 1: AMD 64 3200+ w/ X800 PRO, SB audigy 2 ZS
    Comp 2: AMD 64 3200+ w/ 9800 PRO, SB audigy 2 ZS.

Besides a slightly different model motherboard, and different video card, there is no difference between the two.

The installer seems to run the DirectX install regardless of what version of DirectX you have installed. If you have the current version, it will finish up, and the Civ4 install will continue. But, if it had to update your DirectX, then it will need to reboot.
    -Darkstar
    (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

That's the interesting part, is I do NOT recall having to accept or deny the DX9 for my first computer.

The second computer, did, and did NOT require a reboot.

Comment

Working...
      X