Menu problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu problem

The game starts but can't really see the intro video, just a blue screen, after i see the world moving around, i see clouds and everything over the world, it gets dark and then the sun comes up, i see the word CIVILIZATION IV and background music but can't see any menu and the only way to get out is with alt-tab, please help

System specs?

Also, try to post a screenshot.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Pentium 4, 1.7 ghz
      512 MRAM
      NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128M
      Windows XP
      Attached Files

Comment

sorry NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 256 MB

Comment

Same problem I'm having with my ATI Radeon X800.

Clearly it's not just NVIDIA.

Comment

My Nephew has the same issue with his game.

Sadly, I've not seen any fix at all on any of the Civ IV forums I've searched through nor anything on the official site on this problem.

If anyone has something on this please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Comment

If you Alt-Tab out and then back in, does it work? In your screenshot, the Title (Civilization IV) should have a gold texture and I notice that is missing as well. This could alse be a driver issue, or you may need to uninstall the game and try again.

EDIT: I noticed when I alt-tab at the menu, I lose the gold texture as well, but the menu is still there.

Comment

As for my nephew, he did the uninstall re-install a couple of times to no avail.

Comment

Can you still click the options? I mean, is it that they may be invisible but still selectable? Also, maybe you can try playing it in a window.

Comment

Yes, the options are there, you can here them when the cursor passes over it.

Comment

Same issue
                      2xAthlon 2400+ MP
                      1GB RAM
                      MSI GeForce FX5600 256mb version

Tried various NVidia drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled.

Only difference for me is that the intro video will play sometimes, and occasionally the menu will load, especially in windowed mode, but as soon as I select something from the menu, it dissapears.

That's rare though, most of the time during the intro video it turns blue on me.

Music is still fine, menu options are still there, I can exit by clicking on the bottom left corner.

Seriously disapointing, but reminds me of an issue with Deus Ex 2 where all character models dissapeared except their shadows... but a reboot fixed that one.

Interestingly, if I load DX2 after getting this error with Civ IV, the graphics are totally fubared.

Comment

Well, the one thing I hadn't tried was the newest Omega drivers, because of bad experiences in the past. But hey, I really wanted to play this game.

Anyway, I have it working now with the newest NVidia drivers from Omega.

Edit: Er, nevermind. It worked for a lot longer this time, long enough to get a game started, then the menus dissapeared. No background corruption now though.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Bram, I had that small ray of hope until your follow up post.

My nephew is going nuts.

I hope we get a patch soon.
                          Last edited by Scarn3; November 2, 2005, 10:51.

Comment

I see the menu but if i change the details to low and restart the game int the menu the details are low but in the game everything is same like on high details and my frame rate is low.
                            amd athlon 1800+
                            768mb ram
                            geforce fx5200
                            win xp prof sp2

Comment

My Nephew was able to fix this, he downloaded the latest drivers for his Nvidia card.

Now everything is as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X