Game is JUNK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game is JUNK!

Fireaxis sold me junk. I purchased the game with the understanding that it would run with "64 MB Video Card". Blah, blah, blah. Called the stupid product support and they tell me it won't work. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be shorting Take-Two stock. Watch for this pile of crappy code to bring the stock way down.

Read the system requirements before buying the game. They clearly state that you need a T&L capable video card to run the game. It's your fault then for not finding out what runs the game.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

And technically, that is exactly what I have. Look at the number of posts and views on this website...I'm sure thousands and thousands are running across this. TTWO was at 21.50 on Monday. Today it's hovering around 20.00. I bet it will be at 15.00 by next week. I'm selling this stock short, I'm gonna make a killing...

Comment

All the other people who have problems have completely different problems, and not being very annoyed because they didn't bother to check what the system requirements and their hardware are.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

And what exactly is your video card? Did you do a detailed check of your cards specs at the manufactures web sight?

CS
          Global Admin/Owner
          Civilization Players Leagues
          www.civplayers.com
          http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

FINE.

CPU
            Minimum: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent
            You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+
            PASS
            CPU Speed
            Minimum: 1 MHz
            You Have: 2.1 GHz Overclocked To 2.8 GHz
            PASS
            System RAM
            Minimum: 256 MB
            You Have: 959.5 MB
            PASS
            Operating System
            Minimum: Windows 2000/XP
            You Have: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
            PASS
            Video Card
            Minimum: 32 MB 3D Video Card with Hardware Transform & Lighting
            You Have: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU (GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU)
            PASS
            Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 64.0 MB
            Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
            Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
            Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.8185
            FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.
            Sound Card
            Minimum: Yes
            You Have: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface
            PASS
            Sound Card Driver Version
            Your driver version number is: 6.14.348.0

And I just downloaded the current driver...Any suggestions?

Comment

Yeah. That GPU unit doesn't have hardware T&L I believe. VERY few integrated cards do, and all the ones I know are on laptops. Get a video card, that should do it.

Comment

Despite what ever program that told you that your Geforce4MX was a "pass". It does not have T&L or programmable shader support, which is why they were so cheap and in so many OEM systems.

However you should still be able to run the game with all the graphics turns to the lowest settings. I have a Geforce2MX system and I can play CIV, it's just not very pretty.

CS
                Global Admin/Owner
                Civilization Players Leagues
                www.civplayers.com
                http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Are you sure about that CanuckSoldier? Becuase everything I've heard says that the Geforce4 MX does in fact have T&L capabilities, just not pixel shader, or something along those lines. The people at CFC, for example, say that it does meet the requirements.

Do you have a source to back up your claim?

Comment

I ran the srtest.com test - it said my Video card failed, but also pointed out that I needed updated drivers. Once I updated drivers, everything works fine - six hours of gaming later.

As for the stock drop... um, everything dropped yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by eluttre
                      And technically, that is exactly what I have. Look at the number of posts and views on this website...I'm sure thousands and thousands are running across this. TTWO was at 21.50 on Monday. Today it's hovering around 20.00. I bet it will be at 15.00 by next week. I'm selling this stock short, I'm gonna make a killing...
                      If you make your killing make sure you didn't do it on Emotion...that would make it a bad trade.

Trader Jim

Comment

Re: Game is JUNK!

Fireaxis sold me junk. I purchased the game with the understanding that it would run with "64 MB Video Card". Blah, blah, blah. Called the stupid product support and they tell me it won't work. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be shorting Take-Two stock. Watch for this pile of crappy code to bring the stock way down.
                        For all my disappointment I believe in Fireaxis and this community so...............I'm going to look at support levels for the stock.

Trader Jim

Comment

I don't get it... how were you able to build the Wall Street wonder if you can't get the game to work?
                          What is SportsDigs.com?

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckSoldier
                            Despite what ever program that told you that your Geforce4MX was a "pass". It does not have T&L or programmable shader support, which is why they were so cheap and in so many OEM systems.

However you should still be able to run the game with all the graphics turns to the lowest settings. I have a Geforce2MX system and I can play CIV, it's just not very pretty.

CS
                            nvidias site says that the geforce4 mx440 does have t&l support. Not sure of the integrated version though.

My mx440 runs fine except for the floodplain glitch.

I think the pixel and vertex shaders are the culprit.
                            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
                            X