• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RickJay
    Figured it out and replied.

(He just wanted my MSN coordinates.)
    nevermind - i got my hopes up.

Comment

• I can send you a PM too if you want one .

Rick - check PMs again .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• When you call Take2 tech support and follow the prompts (#1 for Civ4 problems, #2 for Renderer Error), the voice message states that they are working on a fix and will post it to their website as soon as it's available. That they don't have anyone on this site posting up stuff is kinda a good sign, as hopefully it's all hands on deck to correct the problem.

Hmm, as no one seems to be having issues with X850 XT PE cards, maybe it's time to consider the upgrades. BF2 has been crying out for that upgrade for a while now...

BTW, problem #1 on the Support Line was the tech tree en francais.

Comment

• anyone else noticed the firaxis folks have been silent pretty much all day- no heads up, ETA, progress report...nothing. someone (or 2) telling me i need to be patient and quit hurting firaxis' feelings doesnt count.

Comment

• "There are no messages to display in this folder for this time period."

Comment

• I think the tech tree en francais was done on purpose. They're just giving us a lesson in foreign relations, and cultural understanding.

But yeah, with the way the industry is, they can't afford not to fix this. I'm sure they're working on it as hard as they can, but you can only do so much in a given period of time.

Comment

• solver,

What kinda of system are you running with the beta, and what affliation do you have to Civ 4, Firaxis and 2k.

you seem to have some valuable info and I want to cross check my specs to see if we have any areas in common that might help explain the problems

Comment

• Originally posted by Atmosphear
                  If there is no quick fix (patch) to this game in the near future, I would like to find a way to recieve my money back for faulty software. EB will not accept returns for opened software. Is it possible to return the game directly back to the company?
                  Yes it is possible to get your money back. I was thinking of what to do because I have already paid for the game, can't get my money back from the store, and I have a dell notebook that many have had problems with. I'll give it a shot, wait for a fix, and if none is forthcoming I'll just send the game back to Firaxis or whoever and demand my money back. I am a lawyer so pursuing this wouldn't cost me anything and it might be fun! If someone sells you something that doesn't work, you have the right to your money back. But you also have to give a reasonable time to fix the problem. So don't panic yet.

Comment

• Ghostkiller - I'm running a system with nVidia, so I really can't experience the ATI problem for myself. I am a beta-tester for Firaxis and am now trying to help them deal with this too .
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by trip52
                      someone (or 2) telling me i need to be patient
                      You need to be patient.

There, does that help?

Firaxis is very determined to hunt this bug down and they're working on it around the clock. They will report when they have an update, but there's no point in reporting that there's nothing to report. I guess you need to know them a little to know this, but all the testers can testify that just because they're not saying anything, doesn't mean they're not listening.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• See?
                        Now THAT'S what I like to hear!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton

the rather rude/grumph girl working there told me they are getting another shipment of the normal (non special edition) in tommorrow (Oct 26).

Good luck!
                          Which one? They were both rude when I was there. You must have had a preorder in for it. I was told that the preorder I placed was for the regular edition, not the CE & that they only had 9 copies for the 10 CE preorders anyhow. Entire conversation was with a "get bent and die, it's not our problem that we screwed you over" attitude. Now it seems that no one has the regular edition in Edmonton anywhere until "maybe" Friday. So not only no good manual & tech tree, but I can't even get the regular manual either.

Comment

• thanks for the quick response solver. do you know of any timeline the dev team may have set? I am looking forward to a patch or at least knowing what is wrong with my computer interaction with the game. I built my computer this summer so I am decent with hardware but the software and programming aspect I am still a little weak on

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyTango

What part of they are working on it do you not understand? Why are you even questioning if they are working on the game/if there will ever be a patch?

Childish at best.
                              The only person in here so far being a child is you. You should quit your rediculous try of a provocative style: it doesn't suit you and you don't sound a bit more adult by trying to patronize people who have a non-working product in their hands. And you don't make your points better that way.
                              Quite the contrary.
                              People have a right to be very upset, and things always get a bit emotional when a game/product paid for doesn't start up. You should know that.
                              Not everybody have to react a certain way that you - on your high and almighty horses - feel is right because you are soooo knowledgable of the software industry.

I might add that - knowing the company a bit - I think they'll fix this issue, and hopefully real soon.
                              For the record, I have a Radeon 9550, and am disappointed to say the least! The game has not arrived but I haven't heard of anyone having the game work with 9550.
                              I feel they have not tested the game with that graphics card.
                              And I'm not only dissapointed by the issues with the card, but by hearing of french tech trees and mislabeled discs. Yes, I ordered from U.S.
                              This sounds like a mess.

Cheers.
                              Last edited by Freddz; October 27, 2005, 15:53.

Comment

• I have a 9600xt 128 mb dx 9.0c with the latest ati drivers. and it works fine for me so there is hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X