Sound Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Problem

Ok, the movies in this game have skipping music, whats up with that? Three of us have had this problem and have yet to see others with the skipping music problem.

I suffer a persistent staticky hissing noise while the game is active. No fun at all.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Comment

Oh, and I have the skipping sound, too. During the wonder movies, but not the intro movie. Interesting.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Comment

I had the same problem - during wonder and game-win movies, the sound was skipping.

I'm using integrated sound on this machine - I think I have an Audigy card laying around somewhere, I will give that a try and report back.

Comment

I said I'd install a real soundcard (instead of integrated sound) but, unfortunately, I cannot seem to find my old Audigy card. So I'm unable to test if this fixes the problem.

Anyone else?

Comment

I've got a SoundBlaster Live! card in my machine, with the latest drivers, and I'm also getting skipping in the intro movie. Haven't played to the point of a wonder movie yet, trying to work out graphics issues.

Comment

For those of you with the sound skipping problems, please refer to this thread:

Sound Skipping

Comment

I'm having sound problems with civ iv. I have no sound or music at all after the intro. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Comment

Working...
                X