No announcement yet.

Failed to initialize Renderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's totally the problem (or solution rather)...I switched my screen res to 1024x768 (from 1280x1024) and the game then loaded fine.

Comment

hmmm. mine is already at 1024x768... I wonder what i should do. Are you editing the ini or setting your system res? or both?

Comment

I just changed my system resolution. Just noticed my ini file has a custom resolution of 1200x1200 listed? Not sure if that has anything to do with the problem...

Comment

Yes i noticed the 1200 x 1200 in the ini file as well.. what to do?

Ad

Comment

Ok, just to add, I went in, changed my resolution in game to 1280x1024 and the game kicked me to the desktop like what was happening with the renderer problem before. I then changed my system res back to 1280x1024 and clicked on the game in the taskbar and it loaded fine. Now I can get in and out with my regular resolution with no problem...I hope this works for everyone, although I now have to go to bed and won't be able to play until tomorrow...

Comment

I tried it in 1024 x 768, no dice.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by spaceghost
                Ok, just to add, I went in, changed my resolution in game to 1280x1024 and the game kicked me to the desktop like what was happening with the renderer problem before. I then changed my system res back to 1280x1024 and clicked on the game in the taskbar and it loaded fine. Now I can get in and out with my regular resolution with no problem...I hope this works for everyone, although I now have to go to bed and won't be able to play until tomorrow...
                I don't understand. How were you able to change the resolution in-game if the game wouldn't initialize. Were you having the same problems as everyone else?
                - What's that?
                - It's a cannon fuse.
                - What's it for?
                - It's for my cannon.

Comment

have you guys tried it at 1024 but after deleting you ini file? (or maybe manually setting you ini to 1024x768?)
                  - What's that?
                  - It's a cannon fuse.
                  - What's it for?
                  - It's for my cannon.

Comment

Yes...same problems. I changed my system res first to 1024x768 and then the game loaded. In game, I then changed it to 1280x1024 to match my normal system resolution. When I did that it minimized the game and wouldn't render (just like the problem I was having initially) and I change my system res. back to 1280x1024 and now the game works great.

Comment

People may want to try different resolutions until they can get in... seems like the game won't render unless the game resolution matches your screen resolution. (That's my relatively baseless deduction, anyway... )

Comment

Yes, to both, with no luck.

Comment

I run at 1600x1200 by default, and have set that in the .ini file. No dice either in windowed or full-screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Inverse Icarus
                            I tried it in 1024 x 768, no dice.
                            what does your ini file say?
                            - What's that?
                            - It's a cannon fuse.
                            - What's it for?
                            - It's for my cannon.

Comment

I've tried deleting the .ini as well as setting it to 1024x768. I also tried it all with 800x600. My monitor doesn't support higher than 1024x768, so I can't try the other resolutions. Could refresh rate have anything to do with it?

Comment

That didn't help either.

One thing I noticed now though, when having the log on, is this line:

[546.750] ERR: Initialize Renderer failed - parameters:
                                - width = 1024
                                - height = 768
                                - flags = 0xc
                                - hwnd = 0x1501d6
                                - adaptrid = 0
                                - deviceid = 1
                                The deviceid = 1, maybe it is trying to set it up on the secondary device, which for must of us isn't active as we only got one monitor. device = 0 should surely be the correct one?

Maybe if someone got the problem have a second monitor availble can try to attach it?

Comment

Working...
                                X