Naming your own religions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming your own religions

While I don't think this is possible in vanilla game, it would be great if one of the patches introduced an ability to name religions you found.

This will, in my opinion, remove a need for mods with ancient religions or "dead" religions, and also fit nicely with the fact that Civilization is about remaking the history, not reliving it.

It would be even better if at the same time you could choose the religion's symbol from a number of available.
    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
    - Frank Herbert

Yeah, I would like to create very own flag (wait, there is no flag in Civ4, right?), create very my own leaderhead, name, name of empire.

Comment

You can create your own name and name of Empire. Creating your own leaderhead would be difficult, without modding though.

As for the flag, there are flags in game alright, but they are not selectable iiuc.
      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
      - Frank Herbert

Comment

nbarclay would like this feature
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hum, I wonder what kind of benefits would the religion of The Great Maker yield...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            nbarclay would like this feature
            He and many others. I've seen some others wanting to do it too, for instance over at Paradox OT forums.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
            X