Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Map Types!

Hey Gang,

Just checking out Sulla's walk-thru he mentioned the many different random map types (ala Age of Empires, cool!!) and I was curious if any of the beta/previewer folk would mind filling me in what is meant by the "Fantasy" random map type? Lush Elven forests bordered by the Dwarves mountains and the Orcs savage wastelands? I mean I know this is only a map type with the same basic rules in effect and no special units...but I'm just curious what this Fantasy map script is all about.

Since it looks as if no one "in the know" is gonna reply, I will just say: You should be able to find out in a day or two. A year of waiting and it all comes down to THIS! The game is so close now, I can smell it. Wait, does a Civilization 4 game have a smell?

Comment

Much like napalm in the morning, it smells like victory.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Oh, that's what that smell is! I figured my neighbor burned up the BBQ grill again.

Comment

Lemme fire up the beta and see...

oooh.

I think that's still covered by the NDA, you'll just ahve to wait

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
            Lemme fire up the beta and see...

oooh.

I think that's still covered by the NDA, you'll just ahve to wait
            Is "Covered by the NDA" kinda like BBQ sauce on chicken? Is that the smell of Civ 4?

Comment

Yeah!

So I will play my first game tomorrow on the Fantasy map and just hope the French Elves don't overrun me!

Comment

Fantasy Realm will be released later. (It's the only one of the twenty-one original scripts that isn't in the box! Sorry about that. Gives you something to look forward to, though!)

I can tell you that it's not a mod, just another map type with a few twists. I hope the other twenty maps will keep you busy while you wait for that one to come out.

(Maybe it will be released with PitBOSS? Or the SDK? I am not sure when, actually. Not my department! Hey, I just make the maps, OK? )

As for the other twenty maps... I wrote a map info guide, which you will be able to access soon. Or you can simply dive in and try some of them out.

Happy Civving.

- Sirian

Comment

Originally posted by Sirian

Happy Civving.

- Sirian

And I intend to follow that advise TO THE LETTER!

Comment

Working...
                  X