Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As CivIV comes out it harkens me back to the days of Rommel and Daisy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As CivIV comes out it harkens me back to the days of Rommel and Daisy...

Ahh the memories. As I was waiting for Civ2 to come out, the expectations were as they are now, what will it be like? The list for CivII, would they use any of our ideas? Also endless hours playing Civ(1) into the wee hours. Now at the time I was still single, and had two dogs, Rommel, a golden retriever, and Daisy, a hyper Irish Setter/ Golden mix. Rommel was a really cool dog, his life was eating, sleeping, and chewing on sticks until they were twigs. He's demolish 2x4s. Daisy on the other hand, her life was all wrapped up in making Rommel & my life miserable. To Rom, she would get a good running start and then plant her front paws in his belly as he slept. He would groan and hide for an hour. But, she was bored and he was sleeping so it really was all his fault. To me, she would watch as I played Civ and posted in the list for Civ2, and if I stayed up too late she would start barking at me...also talking, you know how dogs do...wooo.... The later it got the worse she got until I finally turned in.

CivIV coming out makes me think of those days.

This really does belong in this forum.

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Youve forgotten to take your pills again
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Have you ever noticed how some people have problems because they take their pills and some because they don't?

Anyway, we really should be discussing CivIV related pet stories to avoid mod scrutiny.

Comment

This clearly belongs in the civ4/release forum. (Or Stories?)

(My cats watch me play civ ... they like the noises ... )
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          Have you ever noticed how some people have problems because they take their pills and some because they don't?

Anyway, we really should be discussing CivIV related pet stories to avoid mod scrutiny.
          I think all pills are great, some people are just always negative.

Heres a story...

My sisters rabbit froze solid in its hutch because i was too busy playing civ to bring it indoors whilst she was away. I later put it inside a carrier bag and chucked it two gardens down the street to hide the evidence, the end.some parts of the story may be false
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

You should have defrosted it and voila. Animals can hybernate you know

Comment

The older you get the more things there are to be nostalgic about... I guess.

So, Lancer, do you remember before dirt?
              Monkey!!!

Comment

"(My cats watch me play civ ... they like the noises ...)"
                Dogs are duifferent. My Dog Hated Civ. MDHC?

"My sisters rabbit froze solid in its hutch because i was too busy playing civ to bring it indoors whilst she was away. I later put it inside a carrier bag and chucked it two gardens down the street to hide the evidence, the end."

Perhaps it would help her to know that her rabbit died for a worthy cause.

Perhaps not.

"The older you get the more things there are to be nostalgic about... I guess.

So, Lancer, do you remember before dirt?"

Rocks.

Comment

this is perhaps one of the greatest threads ever

my cat used to sit on my old crt monitor while I played my ToT games...

he would follow the mouse cursor... and sometimes swat at it...

it's all very distracting!

but most of the time he just likes the heat that huge monitor gave off...

he was mad when I bought my 20.1 inch LCD...

he couldn't sleep on the monitor anymore, it was too small
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Civ2 list? Are you on crack?
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

My dog lays at my feet when I play CIV.

She is a lab and her whole world is eating, sleeping, going for walks, and trying to get right next to you all the time.

Shes loves hanging out when I play Civ, and its keeps the feet warm in the winter
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Re: As CivIV comes out it harkens me back to the days of Rommel and Daisy...

Originally posted by Lancer
                        Now at the time I was still single, and had two dogs, Rommel, a golden retriever, and Daisy, a hyper Irish Setter/ Golden mix. Rommel was a really cool dog, his life was eating, sleeping, and chewing on sticks until they were twigs. He's demolish 2x4s. Daisy on the other hand, her life was all wrapped up in making Rommel & my life miserable. To Rom, she would get a good running start and then plant her front paws in his belly as he slept. He would groan and hide for an hour. But, she was bored and he was sleeping so it really was all his fault.

I often where Rommel came from

Good to know who influenced Rommel in his decision to get into Civ

Gramps
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                        X