Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody non-U.S. Want to Buy My Copy of Civ 4 After Nov. 10th?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody non-U.S. Want to Buy My Copy of Civ 4 After Nov. 10th?

As some of you might know, I have the pre-order copy of Civ 4 coming to me, mainly so (it seems) I can eat some of the box. Ahem. Well. Anyway. Dan has just told me that this thing might not be delivered to me until NOVEMBER 10th even though I am in the U.S. and it is planned to ship OCTOBER 24th! WHAT?!

Anyway, if this proves true, I plan to buy Civ 4 at the local store to play until the pre-order comes. Would anybody outside of the U.S. be interested in buying this regular copy from me after Nov. 10th?

Of course, I have no idea how you would pay me. ??? Anyway, if the shipping cost isn't too high, I might even pay that portion of the transaction. Does this even make sense?

I could always sell my copy to a friend locally, too.

November 10th?! Are they walking the thing to my house!
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

um, you can always send it as humanitarian aid to serbia. i will gladly accept and distribute to the needy serbian civ addicts

Comment

You haven't seen the size of the box, have you.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

regular edition?

Comment

Now here's an important question:

If I sign this copy, will it add to or reduce its value?

O.K. Nevermind.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
            regular edition?
            Unless they have the other edition at the store. Sometimes they do.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
              Now here's an important question:

If I sign this copy, will it add to or reduce its value?

O.K. Nevermind.
              if you add something like 'this copy almost got eaten' i am sure you could fetch a bit more

nah, i was asking how big a regular copy will be? standard-sized box thingie?

Comment

Yeah, I think the size will be normal stuff. This box would love Serbia!!!

Comment

gotta see. we ordered 3 boxes (the guy who just went to nyc will hate us all the way back on saturday 29 , but i will see if there are any other interested parties...
                  then again, you can always donate it as a tribute to mark the occassion when our spearmen downed your stealth fighter

Comment

Yin, September: I'm going to wait for some reviews and until the price drops a bit.

Yin, early October: Yay, I'm getting my copy sent to me!

Yin, mid October: Woo hoo, this sounds nice, can't wait!

Yin, late October: I can't wait until Nov10, I want the game the day it's out!!!
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: Anybody non-U.S. Want to Buy My Copy of Civ 4 After Nov. 10th?

Originally posted by yin26
                      As some of you might know, I have the pre-order copy of Civ 4 coming to me, mainly so (it seems) I can eat some of the box. Ahem. Well. Anyway. Dan has just told me that this thing might not be delivered to me until NOVEMBER 10th even though I am in the U.S. and it is planned to ship OCTOBER 24th! WHAT?!

Anyway, if this proves true, I plan to buy Civ 4 at the local store to play until the pre-order comes. Would anybody outside of the U.S. be interested in buying this regular copy from me after Nov. 10th?

Of course, I have no idea how you would pay me. ??? Anyway, if the shipping cost isn't too high, I might even pay that portion of the transaction. Does this even make sense?

I could always sell my copy to a friend locally, too.

November 10th?! Are they walking the thing to my house!
                      I got a package deal from Amazon for CIV IV, Call of Duty 2 and AOE III and I am being told Novemaber as well..

time will tell

Gramps
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

LaRusso: Thanks!

Solver: What can I say? I boycotted Civ 3. Imagine how long I've waited!

Grandpa Troll: I think the computer stores struck a deal with the on-line retailers. What an evil plot!

Comment

Re: Re: Anybody non-U.S. Want to Buy My Copy of Civ 4 After Nov. 10th?

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

I got a package deal from Amazon for CIV IV, Call of Duty 2 and AOE III and I am being told Novemaber as well..

time will tell

Gramps
                          If you went w/ the super saver then it will be shipping out in the later part of october - moving to the standard shipping will have it arrive sooner -- and only for a couple of bucks more.

Try making the adjustment in our shipping and see if the dates change.

I did this and it went from a ship date of Oct 28 to Oct 24/25

Hope this helps
                          "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

Cool. I'll ask Dan about this, too.

Comment

I tell you what Yin, if you sign the box with the words 'BEST Civ game EVER!!!' then it will DEFINITELY increase the value of it ! It will become a true RELIC amongst civ players-the civ equivalent to the 'Conversion on the road to Damascus'!

Yours,
                              Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Working...
                              X