On Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Trade

Do you still need more than one source of resource to trade it? Like do you need Two dye to trade one away?

And is it still highly dependent on roads and water ways?

Do you still need more than one source of resource to trade it? Like do you need Two dye to trade one away?

Sounds logical to me.
    Maybe if you don't need it - in case you only have one but don't have problems with say happiness - you can trade away that one.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I remember several ocations that i didnt need/whant my iron and had friends that would have sold their sister for it.

So havint the option to trade it away would be nice. (offcourse a warning could be usefull, a bit critical to trade away your oil for 20 rounds by mistake)
      Lost sinse civilization 1.

Comment

I don't think you get a formal notice. However you can see many how many of a resource you have in the trading window.

You can cancel any trade after ten turns btw (no diplomatic penalty).
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I didn't try it last night but all your resources are listed in the trade window including the ones you only have one resource of.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

The manual says and it appears to work the same way, that you lose all benefits of a resource if you trade it away. So if unless you have 2 iron don't trade it.

Does anybody understand exactly what constitutes a trade network. It appears rivers work like roads. Do sea lanes work the same way or do you need a harbor/lighthouse?

One of the strange things is you need a reasonable advanced tech currency to make diplo deals with gold. But what is strange is that I got offered a diplomatic deal that included gold, from a Civ with Currency, (I think) but I couldn't propose a deal with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Strollen
              One of the strange things is you need a reasonable advanced tech currency to make diplo deals with gold. But what is strange is that I got offered a diplomatic deal that included gold, from a Civ with Currency, (I think) but I couldn't propose a deal with him.
              What do you mean: did he offer you gold when he had currency and you could accept it, but you couldn't offer gold for a deal? That's perfectly normal.

DeepO

Comment

What do you mean: did he offer you gold when he had currency and you could accept it, but you couldn't offer gold for a deal? That's perfectly normal.
                I couldn't offer the same civ with Currency a deal. The manual says only one Civ needs a tech in order to conduct diplomacy.

So for instance if you have Alphabet and another civ doesn't he should be able to trade technologies with you. The couple of games I've played I've made a beeline for Alphabet so I am not sure if this actually works that way.

Comment

Strollen, I've never observed civs trading alphabet to me, it's way too important (even if it would be possible). Which means in many cases I will go for alphabet soonish.

I'm not sure on how it currently works. I thought it was that if you've got alphabet, you can trade away techs, but can't receive any unless the other has alphabet too. Same for currency, and optics(?) for trade over oceans.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                  X