What IS that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What IS that?

In the first of the new Gamespot shots (10/21), there are blue, spikey things all over the map. What *are* they? They look like machine gun shots or something... Or pollution? Very weird...

They are a resource. Forgot which one tho.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

For the lazy, you posted no link to the gamespot shots...
      Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Indigo
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Here's the link.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_...52&sid=0&img=1

If it's a resource, why would the game every create 26 resources of the same type all next to each other? That makes no sense at all. I mean you couldn't possible use 26 of the same resource, even if you traded with every civ on the map...

Comment

It is a resource.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Simplicity
              If it's a resource, why would the game every create 26 resources of the same type all next to each other? That makes no sense at all. I mean you couldn't possible use 26 of the same resource, even if you traded with every civ on the map...
              Have you actually been counting the blue thingies?
              There's a mere 3 tiles of the same resource there. Just enough for yourself and to trade with 2 other civs thus.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

That is a resource, I think it's Dye.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hmmmm

What are the different looking trees at the bottom of the screen?
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Those aren't trees, that's another resource. I think it's Sugar.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      Those aren't trees, that's another resource. I think it's Sugar.
                      Thanks
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I guess some graphic mods will be among the first mods to be available...
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

It's candy from the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory -- they appear randomly on the map once you construct the WWCF wonder.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

wow im liking how the cities/resources/landscape/towns etc shape up graphicaly in the game - looking very good.

Comment

and those would be clams in the net ?
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                              X