CIV IV Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV IV Performance

I haven't been able to find anything about the performance of CIVIV especially in the late game near the modern era. Assuming the game is running on the recommended system settings, how fast does the game perform? In CIV 3 I rarely played large maps because by the time I got near modern era the time between turns was so slow that I ended up just turning the game off. Hope this issue is corrected in CIVIV.
    "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do."

you'll have to wait for post-release reviews based on people who have actually played with the final product if you want to be entirely sure...
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

The only thing I have seen is this:

"The game will be sped up thanks to faster AI moves during the Middle and Late stages of the game. Some features tended to slow down the late game. They have been removed (for example: pollution cleanup, city riots, and units disbanding due to money issues). This means the late game will be just as enjoyable to play as the rest of the game."

From CivFanatics info page.

Whether this is true or not, time will tell.

Comment

he wasn't talking about game play, but about the resources the computer uses in the late game, does it take up more CPU, memory, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
          he wasn't talking about game play, but about the resources the computer uses in the late game, does it take up more CPU, memory, etc.
          Seems a rather silly debate but I have a couple of mins...

No dear chap, he wasn't asking about computer resources, he was asking if it went slow at the end... which is exactly the point addressed in the quote I gave.

Either that or I have completely lost it and can't understand English any more.

Comment

Originally posted by volcanohead
            No dear chap, he wasn't asking about computer resources, he was asking if it went slow at the end... which is exactly the point addressed in the quote I gave.
            Well I was talking about system resources in the late game but your quote did answer my question for the most part:
            The game will be sped up thanks to faster AI moves during the Middle and Late stages of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              you'll have to wait for post-release reviews based on people who have actually played with the final product if you want to be entirely sure...
              I'm guessing you or Solver couldn't give an answer as to the pre-release state of the game as it stands now because of NDA??

Comment

Originally posted by ike0481
                I'm guessing you or Solver couldn't give an answer as to the pre-release state of the game as it stands now because of NDA??
                not because of the nda, but because it's not fair to make a public judgement on perfomance based on a beta

when i have the final product i'll happily express my opinion
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Markos has made a valid point. A beta version of a game is good for analyzing the game "mechanics" of the game itself...but when looking at the speed/processing times along with the "spit and polish" of the game, a final release version is what one needs in order to have a true idea of the game's performance.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                  X