Question about dual-monitor support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about dual-monitor support

This dual monitor support dealie... how does it actually work?

Do both monitors have to be set to the same resolution? Can I hook my laptop up to my old CRT and use the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the CRT as monitor 2 (or would I only be able to see a duplicate image)?

Going the other way, I am thinking of buying a big ole DLP telly that goes 1080p as it's native resolution (the Samsung HL-R5078W). I can run a DVI link between my video card and the TV and play cIV on the massive screen, right?

for specific hardware questions about connecting your TV to your computer, you're bette off contacting the television manufacturer.

Comment

As far as DLP's go, I might be wrong, but I was of the impression that they don't accept 1080p signals over DVI (even the 1080p DLPs).
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

That would be a shame LS.

I have had another look at some specs and I think you are correct. The Crutchfield site also mentions that this model has " 2 HD-compatible component video (accepts 1080i/720p/480p/480i signals)" inputs. So I am not sure exactly what that means...

Anyway, I am actually more interested in responses to my questions about a dual monitor set up for civving...

Comment

why does it matter? you'll read about it in the manual when you get the game? So many of these questions that people keep asking about fine tuning there setup, etc, don't matter until the game is installed. Try reading the manual for 30 seconds and you'll probably figure it out.

Comment

Don't believe that I have ever seen a manual that talks about dual-monitors...

Comment

Originally posted by Kinjiru
              Maybe this one does?
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I don't believe that anyone is so lazy that they won't try it out for themselves and instead just whine on a messageboard for someone to spoon feed them every little freaking bit of inane trivia that they couldn't spend 5 minutes figuring out for themselves.

Comment

Tape both of the monitors together with electrical tape and hope for the best
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Re: Question about dual-monitor support

This dual monitor support dealie... how does it actually work?

Do both monitors have to be set to the same resolution? Can I hook my laptop up to my old CRT and use the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the CRT as monitor 2 (or would I only be able to see a duplicate image)?
                    you'll need two monitors with the same resolutions

you'll also need a vga that supports dual monitor. the recent nvidia models give you the options to either have an extended desktop or have the second monitor copy the image of the 1st

Going the other way, I am thinking of buying a big ole DLP telly that goes 1080p as it's native resolution (the Samsung HL-R5078W). I can run a DVI link between my video card and the TV and play cIV on the massive screen, right?
                    you could but you need to be sure that the image is sharp. i connected via 25" CRT tv at 1024x768 and i couldnt read the city names
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                    X