Chat 10/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat 10/19

Hey, anyone have the full IRC chat log from that great chat we had on wednesday? My computer BSOD'ed due to an overly trollish OT thread so i don't ... but posting an edited version would be pretty cool, since there was at least a bit of discussion of civ4 there

Edit: this is the same chat as discussed in the topped 10/25 release date thread.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

all participants of the chat should be shot for not logging it

Comment

i have a full log until i left...

will post it when i get home
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

That's good, but you said you left before Soren came...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

You have got to be kidding me. Soren came after I left?

Comment

I couldn't even connect to the chat, so don't blame me
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Hang on, are you telling me that there was a CHAT, and I didn't KNOW ABOUT IT???? Does anyone know what Soren actually talked about-any great info revealed?

Yours,
              Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Now it really is official, Soren has time to chat, CIVIV is Gold.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Actually, I think it was Soren's AI that logged itself in and started chatting. Most likely, therefore, it propogated a lot of false information about AI abilities so that we'll all be schooled when we launch our first games.
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Or the CIVIV AI made its first public appearance... now honestly, who thought it was Soren?
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I suggest that everybody who was in the chat should be banned from poly for not loggin this chat
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I have a full log for #apolyton on irc for wednesday.

I put it here:

Last edited by ml_4da3; October 20, 2005, 10:44.

Comment

Logs

I don't mind them for official chat's but not with casual conversation.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                            I couldn't even connect to the chat, so don't blame me
                            Me neither.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Soren wasn't on long, he talked briefly about how he worked very hard on the Ai and how much better it was to "make" the AI this time with a clean slate, as opposed to (I guess) the debacle with the CIV3 AI.

he also talked a little bit about cheating AI's and how his AI doesn't.

Thats about it, it sounds like he is planning on popping in for the "Release Day Chat" next tuesday, so for those of you who wont be getting CIVIV that day, sounds like a good place to hang out
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                              X