Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOLD!!!! Sid Meier's Civilization IV Ships to North American Retailers October 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLD!!!! Sid Meier's Civilization IV Ships to North American Retailers October 25th

2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO - News), and FIRAXIS Games, the world renowned video game developer, today announced that Sid Meier's Civilization IV for PC has gone gold and is off to manufacturing. Sid Meier's Civilization IV will ship to North American retail stores on October 25th.

The fourth title in the legendary series of turn based strategy games, Sid Meier's Civilization IV expands on the beloved gameplay of its predecessors with countless new gameplay changes and improvements, including religion, great people and for the first time in the Civilization series, a full 3D engine.

For more information please visit www.CivIV.com or www.firaxis.com.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Ok what does "ship to" mean, it will be in stores on the 25th or shipped the 25th???
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Do pre-order people get it on that day, too?
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

The day of reckoning is fast approaching... I've already set up a group of friends with whom I'm organising a bunch of MP games as soon as the game arrives at my door
        mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

What about a release party chat with Firaxis?

Comment

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Wasn't there already a thread about this?
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

But this one is topped
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                    But this one is topped
                    Guess it pays to own the site.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                      But this one is topped
                      and has a better title
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

So that means most of us will be playing on the 26th! 7 days until Civ IV!!

Comment

some final info about "the rest of the world"?
                            Campeón 2006 Progressive Games
                            civ4 mods: SCSCollateral GrayAgainstBlue ProperCrossings
                            civ3 terrain: Irrigations Roads Railroads Borders Multimine Sengoku Napoleonic

Comment

Originally posted by Niessuh
                              some final info about "the rest of the world"?
                              German version is around November 3rd or 4th.

Btw, I just checked on german site civilized.de... it's AWESOME!!!

Civilization IV wurde fertig gestellt! Wie US-Verleger Take2 meldet, wurde der finale Gold-Master gebrannt und befindet sich bereits auf dem Weg in die Presswerke, um das Meisterwerk in wenigen Tagen weltweit verfügbar zu machen. Und es gibt weitere offizielle Erfolgmeldungen von Take2 Deutschland: wie uns PR-Leiter Markus Wildung informierte, wird die deutsche Version tatsächlich mit einem 220-Seiten-Handbuch und Technologiebaum-Poster ausgeliefert. Als besonderes Bonbon wurde als markante deutsche Stimme der bekannte Schauspieler Thomas Fritsch engagiert. Zusätzlich steht auch sein US-Kollege Leonard Nimoy bei Bedarf als Sprecher zur Verfügung, denn es wurde die ausgezeichnete Möglichkeit realisiert, die verwendete Sprache im Programm frei wählen zu können, was insbesondere Original-Fans erfreuen wird und außerdem später für nicht lokalisierte Fan-Mods wichtig sein könnte. Einen Wermutstropfen gibt es allerdings für Besitzer älterer Computer: der Leistungsumfang von Civilization IV hat sich im Laufe der letzten Monate so erhöht, dass auch die Mindestvoraussetzungen gestiegen sind und Windows 98/ME leider nicht mehr unterstützt werden kann:
                              Civilization IV is finished. As reported by US publisher Take2 the final gold master was burned and is on its way into production facilities, to make the masterpiece available worldwide in a few days.
                              There are also more official news from Take2 Germany. PR-Manager Markus Wildung informed [civilized.de] that the german version will ship with a 220 page manual and a technology tree poster. Additionally the known german actor Thomas Fritsch was hired to do the voice recordings. Also there is his US collegue Leonard Nimoy available, because it will be possible to change the program language, which is important to fans of original games and will be helpful for non-localized mods later on.
                              There is also a downside mainly for people with older computers: the minimum system requirements have risen and Win98/ME will not be supported anymore as well.

Minimale Systemvoraussetzungen für niedrige Details
                              # Windows 2000 oder Windows XP, jeweils mit Service Pack 1 oder höher
                              # Intel Pentium 4- oder AMD Athlon-Prozessor mit mindestens 1,2 GHz
                              # 256 MB RAM
                              # 64-MB-Grafikkarte mit Hardware T&L (GeForce 2/Radeon 7500 oder besser)
                              # DirectX 7-kompatible Soundkarte
                              # DVD-ROM-Laufwerk
                              # 1,7 GB freier Festplattenspeicher
                              # DirectX 9.0c (im Lieferumfang enthalten)
                              Minimum system requirements for low details:
                              Win2000 or XP, each with SP1 or higher
                              P4 or Athlon with at least 1.2 Ghz
                              256MB RAM
                              64MB graphics card with hardware T&L (GF2, Radeon 7500 or higher)
                              DirectX 7 compatible sound card
                              DVD-ROM drive
                              1.7GB free space on HDD
                              DirectX 9.0c (included on disk)

Empfohlene Systemvoraussetzungen für hohe Details
                              # Windows XP mit Service Pack 1 oder höher
                              # Intel Pentium 4- oder AMD Athlon-Prozessor mit mindestens 1,8 GHz
                              # 512 MB RAM
                              # 128-MB-Grafikkarte mit DirectX 8-Unterstützung (Pixel- und Vertex-Shader)
                              # DirectX 7-kompatible Soundkarte
                              # DVD-ROM-Laufwerk
                              # 1,7 GB freier Festplattenspeicher
                              # DirectX 9.0c (im Lieferumfang enthalten)
                              Recommended system requirements for high details:
                              Windows XP with SP1 or higher
                              P4 or Athlon with at least 1.8Ghz
                              512MB RAM
                              128MB graphics card with DirectX 8 support (pixel and vertex shaders)
                              DirectX 7 compatible sound card
                              DVD drive
                              1.7GB free space on HDD
                              DirectX 9.0c (included on disk)

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!
                              Last edited by Atahualpa; October 19, 2005, 11:07.

Comment

Working...
                              X