Windowed mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopy369
    Civ3 the biggest problem I had was on exiting, if I have Firefox/IE open, that program (ONE of them if they're both open) suddenly goes to 99% system resources for about 30 seconds ... sounding like they share a resource in some way that doens't quite work as expected.
    I had the same problem, it only happened when I had IE open (but happened always when I had it open)
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Civ4 is very alt-tabbable for me in Windowed mode. In fact, I did often switch back and forth between the forums and Civ4.

I expect, if you have 1 GB of RAM, that will be even better .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Excellent, can't wait
        får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

gota convince the wife to upgrade to 1GB ram

have never alt -tabbed

thanks for the time saving idea
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
            gota convince the wife to upgrade to 1GB ram
            It's dirt cheap and worth the investment!

Just buy her some cheap jewelry to cover your tracks.
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

hm 1 gig of ram for fullscreen/alt tab oO

i'm curious if the game runs better in windowed 1280x1024 than in 1680x1050 fullscreen on my notebook

adding ram to notebooks isnt cheap at all
              There have been no new posts in the last 1396 days to your subscribed threads.

Comment

For those of you that don't have a windows key, ctrl-escape will do the same thing.

Originally posted by nbarclay
                I've never gotten in the habit of thinking alt-tab. Instead, I've gotten in a habit of hitting the special Windows key that brings up the start menu. That also brings up the taskbar, letting me switch to a program that's already open. (I'm set up to auto-hide the taskbar, so I can't vouch for what happens without auto-hide.) I don't know whether anyone might find that more convenient than alt-tab or not, but I've been using that technique on Win2K and more recently on WinXP just about ever since Civ 3 came out.

Comment

as we've said before, custom resolutions are possible via .ini settings, so of course a 1280x1024 resolution is possible

civ4 also detectes in-game the possible resolutions and gives you appropriate options
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

If youve ever played a game at work youll know how much better windowed mode is over alt-tabbing
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

windowed mode

1Gig Ram

CIV4

New WELL organized forums

Its been a great Apoly kind of day
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Excellent news, allowing easy change of MP3

Comment

Civ4 has another cool feature. You can, in game, select a folder with MP3s, and then those will play .

Comment

I would think that windowed mode could be more CPU intensive than full screen due to Windows redrawing etc etc (well I always found that with FM2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                              Civ4 has another cool feature. You can, in game, select a folder with MP3s, and then those will play .
                              just a folder or recursive content? shuffle option?
                              får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

No idea if it's recursive .

Comment

Working...
                                X