Question for betatesters on resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for betatesters on resolution

I have a question regarding the resolution on graphics in the game, that I hope someone can answer;

I have a tft display with 1280x1024 native resolution, will the game support playing on any resolution, or is it locked to one resolution only (such as 1024)? In civ III you had to alter a .ini file to change resolution, will it be easier this time?

Also, if I would buy a widescreen monitor with strange resolution, would that be supported?

I sure hope they'll support widescreens in some way, my laptop, that I'll use the next months more or less exclusively, is a 15,4" screen. It works in all games, but some of them cuts parts of the display and get less playable...
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

there is currently support (via .ini) for custom settings (for example i use a windowed 1200x950 resolution)

i hope it can stay in the final....

see also http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?id...s=5501&cat=346
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yeah, that dualmonitur setup is nice, but I guess it can be a bit distracting with the monitor edges in the middle of the image especially after a unit or city is autozoomed

But a nice big widescreen monitor would be perfect

Comment

Did he just post another link to his damned monitors...shameless he his, absolutely shameless.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
            Did he just post another link to his damned monitors...shameless he his, absolutely shameless.
            hey i had "borrowed" that monitor from the office for a weekend to test the dual monitor support (you know, to help the beta test ), it's not my permanent setup
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Can we not start asking "betatesters" for information? There are things called Non Disclosure Agreements that they all signed.

Just replace "beta tester" with "MarkG or Solver"

Comment

Markos and Solver also has signed this agreement. Not that it seems to stop them...
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                X