Will there be a demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a demo?

Has Firaxis said whether they will put out a demo?

I want to see whether my computer will run it ok.

I have the speed 3.2 gig with 512 meg but my video card is a bit weak Radeon x300 pci-express 128 meg.

there has been no word on a demo

but you might try asking them here if your system will run the game smoothly: http://firaxis.com/company/gamefeedback.php

Comment

Your comp should be ok to play it.

As to the demo, I really doubt we'll see one any time soon, if ever.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Will there be a demo?

Originally posted by brycej
        Has Firaxis said whether they will put out a demo?

I want to see whether my computer will run it ok.

I have the speed 3.2 gig with 512 meg but my video card is a bit weak Radeon x300 pci-express 128 meg.
        your card is fine
        be free

Comment

Originally posted by alva

As to the demo, I really doubt we'll see one any time soon, if ever.
          Why not? ppl outside of the USA have to wait for a coupe of weeks to get it. Please give us a Demo!

Comment

I'll give you a demo. I'll play the game for several hours while having a video camera pointed at the screen. Then I'll post my video for you to watch me demonstrate the game

Comment

There hasn't ever been a Civ demo, AFAIK. No reason to expect one this time.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

There was a Civ3 demo, as well as a SMAC one, and I think Civil War demos too, but I'm not sure about those. It's not unreasonable to expect one, but not guaranteed either.
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Actually, though there probably won't be a demo prior to the game's release, I picked up the UK PC Gamer magazine today (October 2005) and they announced that their October 27th issue will have a Civ4 demo in it-along with a review of the game. So, keep your eyes peeled guys!

Yours,
                  Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Don't get your hope up.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Locutus: There was a SMAC demo, which btw was easily made into the comolete game IIRC, but a Civ3 one? I can't remember it was...
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

There was one, released a year or so after the initial release.

Comment

No wonder I missed it then.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Noi demo

Demos are for crappy RTS games like AoE
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                            X