What aren't they telling us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What aren't they telling us?

O.k. the official website has now launched and STILL no official system requirements.

Now I am not into conspiracy theroies, but here is mine anyway.

They built this game on that Pirates! engine and found too late that OOPS! This game is much more graphically intensive and system demanding than anyone had previously anticipated. The solution, delay the information as long as possible until the hype from the game is so great, that no matter WHAT the sysreqs are people will upgrade their system to play it!

Diabolical Sid, Checkmate!

Err that don't make much sense to me...

Look at the requirements for other more popular games- you need a supercomputer for those compared to what civ will require

Comment

Yeah, Pirates! does demand almost what I have on my laptop(but less than I have on my stationary, so that's okay.), but it still doesn't require that much. Not that I hope it will require much more than Pirates!, then I'm in trouble(as I won't have access to the stationary much the following months)...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I can't imagine, given what we've seen of the game in screenshots and what not, that this is a huge resource hog. It looks great for a Civ game, but it's not nearly as graphic-intensive as many other games out there (like WoW).
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I think you very well could be right there. And since my laptop after all actually managed to run B&W2 on the lowest settings, I think I'm safe.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I don't care... I have a high end system.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, while I'm reasonably certain I could have run it on my current machine, I'm glad I have an uber game machine on the way.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I am on school long from home right now, so I must be content with my laptop. But next summer we're going to buy a whole new computer through my father's job. They have a very good deal with Dell. More than three years ago we got a P4 2 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB machine from there, for an okay price. You might say I look forward to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                  More than three years ago we got a P4 2 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB machine from there, for an okay price. You might say I look forward to that.
                  That's about the specs on my current machine that I built for myself 3 years ago. Back then, it was a top-end box...and today it can still get the job done. I'm thinking about retiring it soon though. I think I won't have any problem running Civ4 on it.
                  Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

I did not skimp on my machine purchased recently. Despite whatever is published regarding minimum requirements, the more you have, the better the experience will be.

Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Why doesn't Mark G and the other beta testers chime in here to this thread? They played betas... would have SOME idea of the demands. Not likely they'll streameline the code that much to make it run that much faster on machines- that's a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by dearmad
                        Why doesn't Mark G and the other beta testers chime in here to this thread? They played betas... would have SOME idea of the demands. Not likely they'll streameline the code that much to make it run that much faster on machines- that's a myth.
                        I think its called a NDA
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

more importantly, it's called a lawsuit
                          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                          X