Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAHAHAHAHAHA... Something Awful spoofs Civ4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAHAHAHAHAHA... Something Awful spoofs Civ4!

Front page of todays' somethingawful.com, oddly enough

The Polish: Long have these hardy people existed in the unfavorable location between Germany and Russia, and have been overlooked as a major player in European history. Although much was destroyed in WWII, these proud people have outlasted the worst conditions and persevered with nothing more than potatoes and polka music. They are even America's third biggest ally right now in the fight against terror in Iraq. That tells you something!
    Special Unit: Polka band. Replaces the archer. This unit has a special attack that can lower the culture of any city it enters.
    Leaders: King Paskiewicz (seductive, warlike), John Paul II (religious, seafaring).
    enjoy

Polish women have the worlds best breasts too
    be free

Comment

Absolutely.. Christ, does that bring to mind a hostess at work. Unreal rack, unreal dupa

Ice Cube Trays: Learning this technology will allow you to continue up the tech tree to other luxury techs such as "mixed drinks". This will allow for more control of your populace during the turbulent modern era. This will also keep citizens' drinks nice and cool during summer, adding to your victory points.
      Prerequisites: Refrigeration, Mysticism
      Oh goodness.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Comment

Comment

I just read it, before directing myself over to this place - I figured I'd see a post about it

Also, if you have or are going to reply to this thread; do you have stairs in your house?
            This thread may contain traces of nuts.

Comment

that's frickin' awesome Although they use a civ3 screenshot
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh, that was bloody funny!!! I loved the thing about how the stopped people getting sucked into an electronic alternate universe. Blasted SPOILSPORTS !!!

Yours,
                Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Funny stuff.
                  Long Live The Horde
                  Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
                  Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

Good stuff!
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

For the record, polka is a Czech dance, not a Polish one. Noone plays or dances it here.
                      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                      - Frank Herbert

Comment

Yeah, but I guess the whole point was bringing together all the wrong ideas. Beautiful.
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

News Entertainment: Decreases war weariness via propaganda and confusion. Once you unlock this technology you may produce the special unit Bill O'Reilly. The unit may be used in an unhappy city by clouding the truth with unabashed lying and magic tricks.
                          Prerequisites: Fascism, Television

sad but true!

they should add a great wonder called "fox news" which has the same effect on the whole nation except the centres of knowledge (which are only affected 50%).
                          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Finally they got rid of the Spearman vs. Tank Problem and upgraded to Archer vs. Tank

Spearmen can no longer kill tanks. Archers, however, may be able to shoot their arrow into the gun barrel, detonating the shell and destroying it. They may also destroy battleships if they happen to shoot the powder magazine.
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                              - Frank Herbert

Comment

Working...
                              X