Smog city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smog city

I think this deserves a new thread, don't you?

As Boris said in the other thread:
    [q=Boris]I love that when a city is polluted, there's a veil of smog around it. That's awesome detail.

[/q]

Indeed it is, this is excactly the kind of thing that turns a good game into a classic one.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

and here's the link to that pic of the smog city...

you can thank me later alva

Comment

Dammit, why didn't it attach???

Thanks Korn.

EDIT: ah, it seems that after a preview you have to locate it again.
      Attached Files
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yep, that's the trick.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Also notice the the red angry face icon lets us know at a glance that there are more unhappy than happy citizens (though I heard they removed riots from the game). Additionally the green sick face icon lets us know at a glance that the amount of pollution is greater than the amount of health.

Comment

It just means that some citizen(s) are unhappy enough to go on strike. The city still produces, but with less citizens.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I love the realism, because we all know what a filthy cess pit Boston is.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                I love the realism, because we all know what a filthy cess pit Boston is.
                But I love that dirty water, 'cause Boston your my town....
                signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

What I love about this is that, although they are probably playing a very easy level game, they are gettin their butts kicked by Alexander and Bismark. I really get the sense that this game is going to force me back to 'chieftan' equivalent for at least six whole months!!!

Yours,
                  Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Actually, I'm really, really looking forward to seeing some of you guys jump straight into Monarch .

I have no idea what these guys were playing on, but I wouldn't put it past them to get beaten on Chieftain - if people are surprised that a game of Civ can take more than an hour and a half, then...
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

On the screenshot it says "Press enter to return"... return to what?
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

To real life .
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
                          I really get the sense that this game is going to force me back to 'chieftan' equivalent for at least six whole months!!!
                          you should consider as normal playing at least one level bellow what you played in civ3, perhaps even two
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I think you might be right, Mark. Trust me, that is NOT a complaint. If I could play it at my current level, then it would simply indicate that the game hadn't changed enough. From everything I have seen and heard, it sounds like it will be almost like playing an ENTIRELY different game!!!

Yours,
                            Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

I wonder, is the AI now different levels of strategic planning at different difficulty levels, or simply changes to various bonuses, such as pollution or happiness as in Civ3 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X