• Show
Clear All

• You have entered the Renaissance era!

from ign
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Ming!!!!! Spambot gone haywire!!!!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Huh?! I thought they did away with the eras?
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

They did as far as tech research is concerned but you still go from era to era, probably more a fluff thing as is the date counter.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I guess they still have eras in the form as 4 or 5 techs can change the era, where you only have to research one of them... they'll still have eras otherwise the graphics for cities will never change
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Entering Renaissance in 820 AD
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
              Entering Renaissance in 820 AD
              Jumping over all those pesky Dark Ages years.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The eras in Civ IV are a lot like the eras in Civ II, where the graphics changed, but you could skip over a lot of techs to reach it.

It also sounds like the techs discovered in the "Dark Ages" have been moved from Civ III's Middle Ages into the Ancient Era.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                X