Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't it be cool if: (little touches)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it be cool if: (little touches)

When you build the Grand Shazbot damn: It actually does flood the surrounding terrain- and you need to deal a little with that.

When you draft armies of vast numbers it DOES affect your population in some way.

Uh... you actually saw a volcano in at least ONE screenshot they release before the game is out?

We had proof that civil wars can occur (maybe we've had this?) Sounds like we need to mod this in though... too bad.

Somewhere in some screenshot you saw... a volcano.

Religions, under certain circumstances, gained powers wherein they became states within the state and could call crusades, mess with you if you were a monarchy or in someway required their approval to govern, and maybe even fomented wars.

Forests expanded, deserts expanded, in patterns that were not related to obvious climate change, but just as things have progressed in history (Sahara expansion, expansion of European forests after black plague, etc).

You saw a volcano in a screenshot.

Lots of good ideas there mate. Although you do have thing for volcanoes don't you? I especially like the religion idea.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

What if in your archipelago game you only needed 5 parts to finish the spaceship and as you were pressing "next turn" after "next turn" suddenly an AI armada of 18 transports lands 108 modern armor on your shores?

Comment

Would be cool if volcanos are not in the game
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Re: Wouldn't it be cool if: (little touches)

Originally posted by dearmad
          Religions, under certain circumstances, gained powers wherein they became states within the state and could call crusades, mess with you if you were a monarchy or in someway required their approval to govern, and maybe even fomented wars.
          if that's not a gamebreaker i dont know what is
          95% would ask for an option to turn this off
          "i built my civ for thousands of years and suddenly i have this pope guy demanding stuff?!?!?"

(Sahara expansion, expansion of European forests after black plague, etc).
          sahara didnt expand the last 6000 years, did it?
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: Wouldn't it be cool if: (little touches)

Originally posted by MarkG
            (Sahara expansion, expansion of European forests after black plague, etc). [/Q] sahara didnt expand the last 6000 years, did it?
            Oh, you bet it did! The NA coast was largely forested even 2000-3000 years ago, the various civilizations that ruled the area (Romans, Greeks, Phoenicians) cut it all down to build their ships and stuff. The Sahara didn't reach its current dry state until 2500 BC, it was a pretty fertile area in ~8000 BC and gradually changed between those dates. The borders of the Sahara have continued to change until today. Ethiopia, the Niger valley (Mali), Sudan -- all used to be much more fertile than they are today. Partially due to climate change, partially due to human action those areas dried up and the Sahara grew considerably over the last few millenia.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Why do people think civil wars are a cool idea? I'd be infuriated if all of the sudden half my civilization up and left my control. If it was something that I could prevent through proper action, I'd always prevent it - if it was just a random dice roll, I'd throw the game out that took half my civilization away from me randomly.
              Friedrich Psitalon
              Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
              Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Of course it shouldn't be randomly (like culture flip was in Civ3), but something that happens if you're not careful... I liked how it was in Civ2 where if the capital was taken the civ split in two... it wasn't realistic, but still nice

Comment

Though I admit it was kinda weird when Germany split into America and Japan, but that could easily be fixed by splitting it into North Germany and South Germany instead

Comment

I like the Religion idea. Don't care about the rest (except Civil Wars, which isn't a new concept, though).
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                    X