Clear All

Well, you can't be the first to discover each religion, at the first game
    That's why he said "First games"
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
      That's why he said "First games"
      Oooops, I missed the plural. Time to change glasses?
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

[q=Firaxis]You can even play with the A.I. by turning on Random Personalities. With that on, you don't know how the A.I. is going to react. Gandhi the Conqueror? Genghis Khan the Pacifist? Both could happen[/q]

Yay
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Anybody know if you can set up a game for just the AI to play against each other? I tried -- without success -- to find a way to do that in Civ III. My Dad, 66 years young, likes to play Civ, but also would like to watch the AI play out the later stages of a game (too much micro for him in the later stages of Civ III; might not be as important given the purported changes of Civ IV).

Edit: To clarify, I am wondering whether Civ IV will allow the game to continue with 100% AI players. Perhaps, requiring the end of turn/space bar to signal movement to the next turn would allow a human player to observe the turn-by-turn action. I am no programmer, but to the extent it isn't cooked in from the start, I think it would be a fun thing to add.....
          Last edited by Edgar Newt; October 7, 2005, 13:00.

Comment

I really like the idea of allowing a player to take over for an AI in a multiplayer game (already knew about the reverse, which is good too). I may not end up using it that often, but having the option is nice. It's a good sign when developers think of these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
              Well, you can't be the first to discover each religion, at the first game, and I think you can't be the builder of *every* wonder on the table, so you can leave the "movie switch" ON for a few game...
              smartarse

(thanks cybershy for emphasising my plural )

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
              IIRC is more related to cost/production time of improvement and turns needed for every research, and accelerated start.
              Map size will probably be throw in, but not alone.

from the new IGN preview:
              You can still get the epic feel of previous games but playing on larger maps with more enemies, but the standard seven-seat game shouldn't take more than 5-8 hours depending on how much you want to micromanage things.

so it does seem that size and level of your personal MM depth are the most important factors of game speed...
              which means that i'll never finish a game under 1 hour because i tend to MM too much
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
              X