American Revolution Scenario!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atahualpa
    I am very much looking forward to different scenarios. However instead of the american war of independence, I'd rather have seen the american civil war. This would also fit into Firaxis Civil War line. Gettyburgh, Antietam were both great games, that I enjoyed.
    there is always the expansion pack
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

real nice, if there is one scenario, there are more....what is up there other sleeve?

time will just drag between now and the release
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Re: Re: American Revolution Scenario!!!

Originally posted by Sabre2th

American or not, you have to admit that it was a fascinating war. If you don't know much about it, it's worth a quick lookup
        im an american and its duller than reading old poetry
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Wow. It's great that we are going to get some scenarios. And with the modding capabilities of the game, I am sure that civ4 fans will make many more.

The American Revolution scenario looks very cool.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by Drakan
            You did that on purpose ? Trip---Tip ?
            It was meant for ironic effect.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
              And when they first make a scenario, they just had to make a ACW one eh?
              ACW? If you mean American Civil War, that's not what this is. This is the Revolutionary War.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

*snip*
                Other scenarios I'd like to see: 30 year war
                *snip*
                I'd love to see a scenario like that! Naturally, I would play it as Sweden and finish once and for all what Gustav II Adolf, the Lion of the North, started...

Also, a little more on the original topic:
                Like others have said, really; it looks gorgeous and release date can not come soon enough
                I am glad I had that big history test today, but there is another one coming up on the 11th of November, so... uhm, well you know as well as I do what that means.
                This thread may contain traces of nuts.

Comment

less scenarios --> more bugfixing
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I thought the same thing about the screenhot. It looks MUCH better. It seems a lot less "clutered" than other screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                      less scenarios --> more bugfixing
                      While I am not entirely sure about it in this particular case, I have a feeling this is along the same lines as the usual rant about "Why do they make more good looking graphics when they could add more content?!", or any variant thereof.

As I said, I am not sure how things are done at Firaxis, but most likely, the people who mash bugs are not the same ones that add graphics, make scenarios or anything along that line. In other words, doing one thing does not necessarily mean not doing something else.

Just saying
                      This thread may contain traces of nuts.

Comment

Well I love scenarios and immensely enjoyed countless CIV 2 ones and a bunch of CIV III ones including the Firaxis made scenarios.

I guess Im just easy to please

And I dont know why but I cant see the picture unfortunately, it must be this damm work computer
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

ACW? If you mean American Civil War, that's not what this is. This is the Revolutionary War.
                          I was thinking there were an acronym for it, and messed up... Of course I mean the revolution. Although a ACW scenario is surely also in place, having Firaxis' history in mind.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceius
                            As I said, I am not sure how things are done at Firaxis, but most likely, the people who mash bugs are not the same ones that add graphics, make scenarios or anything along that line. In other words, doing one thing does not necessarily mean not doing something else.
                            which is probably true...

BUT... (the big but)

but instead of hiring 10 more graphic designers and scenario creators, they could hire a bunch of codemonkeys who can fix the bug.

that being said: i still hope the out-of-the-box version is virtually bugfree (i do not classify wrong civiliopedia entries as bugs )
                            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                              Well I love scenarios and immensely enjoyed countless CIV 2 ones and a bunch of CIV III ones including the Firaxis made scenarios.

I guess Im just easy to please

And I dont know why but I cant see the picture unfortunately, it must be this damm work computer
                              You have to take a look at it! I think it's the best looking ingame shot of civ4 so far. I copied the address for you, try it here: http://civilization4.net/files/galle...volution_2.jpg

[Q=sabrewolf]which is probably true...

BUT... (the big but)

but instead of hiring 10 more graphic designers and scenario creators, they could hire a bunch of codemonkeys who can fix the bug.

that being said: i still hope the out-of-the-box version is virtually bugfree (i do not classify wrong civiliopedia entries as bugs )[/Q]

I think Firaxis is a company long enough in business to know what they are doing.
                              With the amount of information we're having we are even more unable to make business descisions, or do you know about the stability of Civ4? You're expressing your fear and that's okay, but don't expect to be taken serious when you're just guessing.

Comment

You have to take a look at it! I think it's the best looking ingame shot of civ4 so far. I copied the address for you, try it here: http://civilization4.net/files/galle...volution_2.jpg
                                I finally got it too work at home with no problems its the dam work computer and the IT Nazi's

The screenie does look very cool, I cant wait to try that scenario out.
                                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                                X