No announcement yet.

New Pics, including a Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a big out-of-the-box scenario fan usually, but that American Independence scenario looks like it might be fun.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
      Porland ?
      I've fixed it.

Comment

He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ooooh.. pretty.. and scenarios
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            Sure! The three linked to:

Right. Exactly the images that are blocked by my company's network configuration.

Never mind, apparently, I'm so impatient that I can't wait a few hours to see these when I'm home
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I'm happy to see a Revolutionary war scenario, it is such an intrigueing war, yet almost never a big production scenario.
              GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

I've fixed it.
                So tell us more on the scenario Trip
                but on this thread
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

The graphics have improved quite a bit again in the latest images, I'm surprised noone noticed yet. Look at the trees in the first two pics Nikolai posted vs the last one. In the first pic in particular the terrain also looks much more hilly, more 3D and more realistic
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                    The graphics have improved quite a bit again in the latest images, I'm surprised noone noticed yet. Look at the trees in the first two pics Nikolai posted vs the last one. In the first pic in particular the terrain also looks much more hilly, more 3D and more realistic
                    Quite right. After all the griping early on, nobody's really said anything about how nice the game is looking in these later builds

Comment

Good stuff. Panther tanks will run riot through the lands.
                      The Sherrin Foundation
                      Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                        Yes, they do look more "finished" each time. Might that be because the game is nearly out?

And finally the German UU looks like a Panther. The silly toy looks in Civ3 always had to be replaced by hand.
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                          what is this wierd yellow and salmon colour line through the middle on following pic?
                          Download apps and games for Android. Discover new apps, read the reviews and download the APK. Safe and virus-free.

it looks like handdrawn stuff and the screenshot is called strategy_layer.jpg
                          if it is what i think it is (markings for reminding next turn or for coop MP), that's very delightful
                          Wow, yea, that's facinating. Laying down your battle plans to coordinate attacks with your partners. That is really a revolutionary new concept for civ. What a great idea.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                            Wow, yea, that's facinating. Laying down your battle plans to coordinate attacks with your partners. That is really a revolutionary new concept for civ. What a great idea.
                            is this completely revolutionary as a whole? i remember in AoE2 you could set off flares on any given location. are there now RTS games which allow more flexible stuff, such as.... crooked-handdrawn lines?
                            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I've played a few strategy games that allow free-hand drawing on the mini-map. Myth had that ability, for example. I can't think of one that showed the lines on the main map, though.

Comment

RoN had it, but I don't think many people used it. Not much of a point in SP, no time for it in MP Might be different in Civ though, in TBS you have more time for things like this. It would be really cool if they also included a SMAC-like landmark feature, that would be great for SP and scenarios as well
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X