Question about DirectX for graphics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about DirectX for graphics.

With my new laptop I will be getting in a week or so, I will not have immediate Internet access. In fact, as long as I live at this friend's house, I won't set my laptop up with Internet connection until I have my own apartment.

When you buy a game, and you install it, it usually automatically installs the latest DirectX version for you. But my question is, does this automated installation of DirectX use Internet connection or is this automated installation from the CD of the game, itself?

I'm hoping it's the latter, because if I don't have Internet connection on my new laptop, then I won't be able to easily download and install DirectX.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

It's (usually) the latter, so no need to worry.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Generally, if DirectX comes with the game, they put the full install on the CD.

Edit: Wow I'm slow

Comment

Re: Question about DirectX for graphics.

Originally posted by MrFun
          With my new laptop I will be getting in a week or so, I will not have immediate Internet access. In fact, as long as I live at this friend's house, I won't set my laptop up with Internet connection until I have my own apartment.

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Most laptops now come with built-in wifi, so just go down to the nearest coffee shop or whatever.

Even without worrying about the DX stuff, you want to try out the multiplayer don't you????

Comment

Working...
            X