Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joseph
    Computer Games
    Latest issue has a two page ad plus a sidebar CivAnon ad.

Maybe Take2 just realize that PC Gamer sucks.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

I think the publisher would be the one making advertising decisions, wouldn't you?
      Yes, that's right.

Obviously, though, things like CivAnon require a little Firaxis participation! Hard to imagine some buffoon publisher smacking Sid upside the head and saying: "Put more passion into these lines, man!"
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26

Yes, that's right.

Obviously, though, things like CivAnon require a little Firaxis participation! Hard to imagine some buffoon publisher smacking Sid upside the head and saying: "Put more passion into these lines, man!"

So what's the story with the rabbit?

Comment

His name is Yin. He's clearly eating cardboard. He is in training just in case.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

The PC Gamer (Uk Edition) which I got this Tuesday has a Civ IV advert in it, a small preview of it with a lovely big screenshot and says it'll be reviewed next edition.

PC Gamer USA
            PC Gamer UK

Comment

PC Gamer US has become increasingly lame in its coverage of anything that isn't a big blood-and-gore FPS or MMO piece of junk. It's strategy reviews in the past six months have been crap, they dumped Bill Trotter's great Wargaming columns (the new guy isn't very good, barely talks about strategy stuff), and in general they ignore or give pathetic coverage to anything that is serious strategy related.

I'm not renewing my subscription when it expires, and if I was Firaxis then I would boycott the heck out of PC Gamer and let them drive themselves into the ground.

Funny though, I manage to buy PC Gamer UK at a local store and it is MUCH better - same company, completely different approach to their reviews. Go figure.

Computer Games magazine is not bad, Computer Gaming World is on the edge - but PC Gamer is pathetic unless you only care about Doom-a-likes and Battlefield clones.

Comment

Working...
              X