Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did the SMAC-styled diplo went?

Hey!

Some time ago I saw a SMAC styled diplomacy in cIV.
    It was among the first screenies seen here IIRC.

What the heck happened? Why did they change it?

Also, could anyone please point me to that screenie if it still hangs somewhere?!
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Did you mean this one?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

No, I mean one where there was head-to-head conversation with a faction leader and the conversation window only had two choices as in SMAC (IIRC it was either pay some money for tech or decline).
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
        No, I mean one where there was head-to-head conversation with a faction leader and the conversation window only had two choices as in SMAC (IIRC it was either pay some money for tech or decline).
        you probably saw a screen where an AI came up with a proposal rather than the opposite
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Huh, that's only on one side of negotiations?
          That's bad for my attitude to cIV..

But good for modding..

Comment

if the AI comes up with a proposal without you contacting him first, you'll get two options: accept or decline

if you contact the AI you'll get a lot more options....
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yes I understood.

The fact that the AI has the SMAClike proposal style is quite nice.
              If I am able to restrict diplomacy to that one style (removing the bargaining table), it'd be perfect (for C4AC).

Comment

Working...
              X