Preview on Gamespot with leader(s)/civ specifics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martinus

Indians are Spiritual and Industrious (under Ghandi) or Spiritual and Organized (under Asoka)

There is no civ that gets the Philosophical/Industrious combo.
    I know, you are right. It would be very unbalanced.

That's why I posted right above that quote, that if you could possibly modify the civ traits it would be an awesome builder combination.
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
    Ailing Civilization Strategy
    How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
    M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

Yeah I feel sorry for Indian players. I mean everybody has these cool UU units:

Germans: Die Panzerrr (brrr shivers)
      USA: Navy Seals (yikes)
      England: Red Coat
      Spain: Conquistador
      India: the fast-worker (WTH ?)

India is certainly a civ for peace lovers. It actually sounds ok with Ghandi really, um, I guess.

Comment

I am also surprised Hatshepsut isn't industrious. I mean, Egyptians built the Pyramids, the Great Library and the Great Lighthouse. How more industrious can you get?

Alexander built the Great Library and the Great Lighthouse (and Alexandria, for that matter). Then he had enough toying around, and went and conquered Persia.

- Sirian

Comment

Originally posted by Sirian

Alexander built the Great Library...

Now you jest of course, because that would have been a mighty feat even for him, if not a little difficult.

For he was, alas, dead.

Ptolemy II Soter gets the free library card instead.

As for the Pharos, that's attributed to Ptolemy I Soter, II's daddy- his bright idea shines still...
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

"Quin Shi Huang and Mao Zedong are the two possible Chinese leaders."

Good lord, Silly Americans with their silly American pronouciations (No offense to resident Americans). For future reference to us not chinese folk Qin is pronouced more like Chin then it is Quin.

Long live the mighty Qin Empire!!

Comment

I'm a bit surprised by the US getting Navy SEALS that will replace the Marines. The US Marines are a hallmark unit for the US to begin with. I know that Marine is generic but I can think of a lot of things for the US that would be more applicable than Seals. But, that's just me. I want the game now.

Comment

There is no civ that gets the Philosophical/Industrious combo.
                Originally posted by Drakan
                I know, you are right. It would be very unbalanced.
                That doesn't make sense. If Industrious + Philosophical is an excessively powerful combination, then presumably, Industrious and Philosophical individually are a little bit too powerful. I trust that they've been able to balance the traits better than that over the 1.5 years of play testing.

Comment

The existing combo that worries me as written is the Expansive/Philosophical one.

+2 health, cheaper granaries, and double birth rate!?!

That's a population boom waiting to happen.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I wonder how easy it would be to add new leaders? Rome is paticularly underrepresented (all the 1 leader civs are, but Rome sticks out to me), and Marcus Aurelius would make a great 2nd leader. Hell, I'd love to add Nero (or Caligula) too.

I'm sure new leaders will be added. I anticipate a truly staggering number of modifications to this game.

I forget: has it been mentioned if there will be a setting to randomize leader traits?

And don't several of the leaders, especially Alexander, look like the puppets from Team America?

Comment

Leaders with attributes, this is an interesting twist. I cant wait to see how it works out.
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Hell, I'd love to add Nero (or Caligula) too.
                        Actually, would be fun to play against an AI leader who is just absolutely crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                          The existing combo that worries me as written is the Expansive/Philosophical one.

+2 health, cheaper granaries, and double birth rate!?!

That's a population boom waiting to happen.
                          Double birth rate is, although it's a bit unclear, the birth rate chance of great people, not population. I could be very wrong about this though.

Comment

eh...

the traits sound good... and I don't have any complaints about the leaders...

but it just hit me

18 civs is not good

what happened, didn't Civ3 with Conquest have up to like 32?

maybe they are purposely holding out on us in order to get us to buy expansion packs
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnir
                              I'm a bit surprised by the US getting Navy SEALS that will replace the Marines. The US Marines are a hallmark unit for the US to begin with. I know that Marine is generic but I can think of a lot of things for the US that would be more applicable than Seals. But, that's just me. I want the game now.
                              I'm not surprised at all.

Spain was the first country to have a body of Marine Corps back in 1537. So If a country should have them as UU it should be us.

Infantería de Marina, FAS, Fuerzas Armadas, Desembarco, operacion anfibia, Militar, Ministerio de Defensa, España, Marina, Armada, Cuerpo de élite, Fuerzas Especiales, Buiques anfibios, ATP-36, Guerra Naval, Tercio, Mar Océano, Tercio de Armada, IM, I.M. , San Carlos, Uniforme de Franjas,

On the other hand, Navy SEALS are exclusive of the US, so it fits for you to have them as USAs UUs.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddz

Double birth rate is, although it's a bit unclear, the birth rate chance of great people, not population. I could be very wrong about this though.
                                Perhaps you are confusing it with the civics Pacifism option by which the rate of birth of Great People is IIRC doubled.

Comment

Working...
                                X