Preview on Gamespot with leader(s)/civ specifics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview on Gamespot with leader(s)/civ specifics

As the title says, behold the warning "at present".

He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Re: Preview on Gamespot with leader(s)/civ specifics

Originally posted by GeoModder
    behold the warning "at present".
    i bet soren does daily changes on this stuff
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yeah, I gather the only "hard" info is the unique unit and the civ leaders.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I like the Romans; basically bread and circuses.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

The industrious and philosophical traits seem unbalanced to me.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

India's unique unit is the "fast worker"???!!!

Er, Firaxis has obviously never been to India. Maybe I'll mod it into the "slow-as-all-hell" worker.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

erm... shouldn't India definitely end with a philosophy trait?
              Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Also, the fact that both Indian rulers have Universal Suffrage as their favoured civics, and India has one of the most rigid and unfair caste system in the world, is a bit funny.

Likewise, giving Persian leader "representation" and Greek leader "hereditary rule" as their favoured civics is totally off. Sure, Alexander was an absolute monarch, who abandonned the Greek tradition of democracy, but he took his ideas for absolute monarchy from Persia which he conquered.
                The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                  The industrious and philosophical traits seem unbalanced to me.
                  Funny, I was thinking the same thing as well. Those two would be the ones I'd choose for my first game.

Talking about a lame Indian UU: the fast worker

"Yeah man I'm gonna beat the pulp outta you with my, umm, fast workers...yepee "

Seriously though, for a Builder (If you can modify the civs traits):

Indian civ with Industrious and philosophical traits and their UU: the fast-worker. A builders dream civ traits and UU.

The Indian UU fast-worker could be like the Industrious trait in PtW, very powerful. Combine that with 100% growth rate (philo), 50% discount on GW construction (Industrious) and they start with mining and you have all the makings of a very powerful Builder combination.
                  Last edited by Drakan; September 27, 2005, 04:15.
                  If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
                  Ailing Civilization Strategy
                  How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
                  M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

I am also surprised Hatshepsut isn't industrious. I mean, Egyptians built the Pyramids, the Great Library and the Great Lighthouse. How more industrious can you get?
                    - Frank Herbert

Comment

Fair anough, If Industrious is all about GW building discounts, the Egiptians should have that trait.
                      If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
                      Ailing Civilization Strategy
                      How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
                      M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

On second thought, I checked it, and unlike Civ III, the leader traits do not repeat themselves (i.e. every leader has an unique combination). Considering this, I can see why some leaders ended up with not the most historically obvious combination.

Incidentally, four combinations that did not get their leader/civ are:

Creative/Industrious
                        Industrious/Philosophical
                        - Frank Herbert

Comment

Indian civ with Industrious and philosophical traits and their UU: the fast-worker. A builders dream civ traits and UU.
                          Indians are Spiritual and Industrious (under Ghandi) or Spiritual and Organized (under Asoka)

There is no civ that gets the Philosophical/Industrious combo.
                          - Frank Herbert

Comment

I thought the FAST WORKER was a really really cool twist. I might choose to play them because of it as I like to build. So opinions may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              India's unique unit is the "fast worker"???!!!

Er, Firaxis has obviously never been to India. Maybe I'll mod it into the "slow-as-all-hell" worker.

It's bizarre- I'd have thought some kind of war elephant would have been an obvious choice, especially given that a Seleucid ruler swapped Asian provinces for a supply of them, and they just happen to feature in a certain war/strategy game that somewhat slightly predates 'Civilization'...

And it's not like Indian civilizations didn't have other, more martial options to choose from- a sepoy, a Gurkha, one of the many types of horsemen from Indian history, or even Sikh traffic police...
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                              X