Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 release in Europe, when?

Hi
    When? civilization4.net says november, but amazon.co.uk says 21th of october...
    Anyone know the official date?

thank you
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

i think I read something like 04 nov 05...

Comment

It comes October 21st to Norway, according to our largest gaming site. While that might not be completely correct, it could be right since we know the game will be released in the end of October.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

PC Games puts it at 18 Nov, that is the only place in town (Derry) I can buy it. I will probably have to buy a new computer to play it so I won't mind the delay.

Comment

I can't understand how people manage to have that bad computers... I mean, the computer I bought three and a half year ago is going to handle Civ4 easily if the requirements are to be trusted!
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Most of my computer is from the last century...

But the graphics card is new so I can probably play Civ4. I´ll know when I´ve bought the game, installed it and it doesn´t crash
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I can now order it here in Hungary, the site says Nov. 4th as shipping date...

Comment

bol.com netherlands has november 4th as the release date
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Hi, everyone;
                  will be civ4 released in different languages? I have seen the links to amazon.de and amazon.fr: are the german and the french version of the game selled there? Or is there only one release that is multilanguage? (not like precedent civs!)

Comment

ciao 10lire!

from my experience, i'd never recommend the translated version if you speak english well enough. as a matter of fact, not even the UK version is ideal.

many times patches come out primarily for the US version. sometimes the foreign language versions are much later or in worst cases never released.
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion!
                      You're right for Alpha Centauri: Italian version of Alien Crossfire expansion never released
                      This is the reason I bought english civ3; but with civ3 I had the opposite of that problem: english "Conquests!" not selled in italian shops; then i was compelled to bought it on web; no problems instead for the players of italian civ3, with the patches too.

There is another problem: it's simple to me read and write in english but not to listen it: in Alpha Centauri I really enjoy the "voices" talking about the discovered technologies, the builded base structures, the great projects etc. It would be really hard to me understand that "voices" talking in english. So I'm a bit confused.. I think about civ4 movies: will them have "telling voices" like SMAC?

Comment

well, you must know if you are buying the game for the multimedia features (videos and audio) or for the gaming. if the first, go for the italian version. but i can guarantee you that it's you'll understand the game enough to play it.

forse si conosci un amico chi vuole comprare la versione italiana puoi fare una fotocopia delle instruzione si hai problemi di capire. ma altrimenti veramente ti consiglio di utilizare la versione inglese.

saluti!

ps. sorry about my mediocre italian
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Your italian is good and your suggestions too (thanks!)

No problems with the "istruzioni".. ok.. i will think about buying the english version..

Sorry for my english!

Comment

Well if it doesn't come out at the same time in the UK as it does in the US, there is a quite simple resolution to that problem
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

in cIV the units are talking in their native tongue, which you most probably won't understand anyway

I just pre-ordered the pre-order edition in the states. I'm not going to wait for november 5, and I don't want to run the risk of having to wait for newer patches as well. Oh, and of course I need the keyboard thingy
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                              X