Cant see new CIV videos :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant see new CIV videos :(

Yeah, i wanna stream them from Gamespot but when i click the video, the window that tells me what bandwith should i use closes in a blink. I allowed popups from the site and eveything, but does not work. I tried with my Firefox and also IE with identical results.

Any tip about this? Is there a way to have a direct link to the video?
    Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

get a free basic account and log in. then you can download the file.

Comment

Thats about it, if you dont have the bandwith for streaming not much else you can do other than change ISP's.
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I have enough bandwidth, but get no picture, only sound...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

try to select a different format (wmp, quicktime, ...)

Comment

Reinstall WMP10, that's what did it for me last time.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You know guys, sometimes all you need to do is complain. I haven't got this picture thing to work for 2-3 days now, but when I try once more after I posted here, it works again...
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Haha, i used bugmenot.com firefox plugin to get a free account without the hassle of registering and now i can dl vids, crappy quiality, but vids at the end.
                Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

I get the picture and the sound, but the picture is so very small. Is anybody viewing these videos on the full screen?
                  What do you need to view these things full screen?

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks those videos are too big?

I mean 11 MB for 1 minute, give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                      Hmmm. you can watch it for 30 sec, then hit pause, wait, do some stretching, eat a snack and drink, then restart and see the whole 30" left... is it enough for a break?

Seriusly, maybe they chose a bad codec, but movies with enough frame change are quite a beast to compress keeping a high framerate.
                      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                        Am I the only one who thinks those videos are too big?

Don't forget the ads included.
                        He who knows others is wise.
                        He who knows himself is enlightened.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                        X