Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ4 a shooter?!?

maybe not news, but also in this thread there is following information:
    Nach Release des Spiels, wollen sie gar die wichtigsten DLL-Dateien des Spiels veröffentlichen. Damit könne die Community das Spiel sogar in einen Shooter verwandeln, wenn sie sich genug Mühe gäbe, so der Entwickler. Um gleich zu demonstrieren, was so alles möglich ist, werden zum Release eine Reihe von Mods aus dem Hause Firaxis veröffentlich.

which is translated something like this:
    After the release of the game, [the developers] even want to publish the most important DLL-files of the game. With that the community could -with enough effort- even convert the game into a shooter. To demonstrate what all is possible, a bunch of mods will be published by firaxis at the release.
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

yeah ok, perhaps not a shooter, but a smac mod is quite possible
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

hell, we should force firaxis to do a smac expansion pack! less resources needed(from starting a new game), more chances to have it sooner

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        hell, we should force firaxis to do a smac expansion pack! less resources needed(from starting a new game), more chances to have it sooner
        That's the best suggestion I've seen in weeks

I was never a huge fan of SMAC, but I'm all for another one, if only to stop the SMAC fanatics from whining so much

Comment

Nah, SMAC had some good ideas and the game engine was good, etc. etc. But the entire environment, the futuristic non-earth thing didn't appeal to me.

I like it to be the egyptians, to build the pyramids, to discover the wheel. that's much better then being some sci-fi faction and discover sci-fi techs. It didn't do it for me.

I'd like to see an civ4 after 2050 expansion, in which you both colonize AC en stay on earth as well.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

I'd like to see an civ4 after 2050 expansion, in which you both colonize AC en stay on earth as well.

or see the earth glow red and crumple up, leaving you stranded on mars looking for the next place to reach out to
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              i never played SMAC (in fact, i just ordered it) but i don't see any reason why i shouldn't work

is SMAC planet based like civ2 or is it more "macro"management with countless systems and planets like MoO and ascendancy?

Comment

smac is planet based

Comment

But the entire environment, the futuristic non-earth thing didn't appeal to me.

Nah, me neither.
                  Part of the problem was, that the language was hard to grasp too.
                  My English is not bad - though better than it was when I was playing SMAC - but most of the techs sounded like pure jibberish to me.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Well, I like the idea of a SMAC-Mod
                    (or better yet some mod where you have to build a civ in some kind of hostile environment, like the moon or mars [beginning with a single base, like the other factions and then developing techniques whixch allow you to use the lunar/martian or even asteroids surface for production of food, energy and the like {via agricultural domes, solar panels etc.}]
                    Maybe such a scenario like in Millenium 2.2 where earth (or at least all life on it) was destroyed by some kind of desaster (or war) and you (and for the purpose otf a civ-mod the inhabitants of other lunar/martian colonies) are on your own to research the means to survive there )
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Turn Civ4 into a shooter? So now you finally make a mod so you can try to beat a tank with a spear
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

yep, and the UUs are the level end bosses

Comment

Working...
                        X